National 12 - find out more...

Burton week latest info

Started by Jeremy C, 02 Jun 2012, 11:43

« previous - next »

Jeremy C

Day one... bit of a war of attrition, some breakages, many couldn't get to the race area due to some strong wind and confused seas... all the latest results, reports and images can be found on the BW website:

http://www.national12.org/burtonweek/2012/

reports may ber a little slow getting there as its late and it was a hard days sailng, but there is a brief hint on the 'latest ' page:P
Trick Cyclist-3444<br />In the pink-3408<br />Kifi-2431- under restoration<br />Flying Saucer 1277 (joint owner)<br />and now Bart 3455 too (sigh!)

angus

Grreat job Jeremy as aways. Keeping us poor folks who have to worh tomorrow up to date. Sounds like real fun down there four races and only 2 vintage boats have posted a finish....sounds a bit like my record at Burton.
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

Jeremy C

more images posted from todays races (Sunday). Was another hard day, and the sail back in was one not to ever forget ... wind over tide in the entrance to the estuary! Reports will come but right now it is time for some sleep!
Trick Cyclist-3444<br />In the pink-3408<br />Kifi-2431- under restoration<br />Flying Saucer 1277 (joint owner)<br />and now Bart 3455 too (sigh!)

edwillett

Spectacular pictures and sailing conditions.....

Jeremy C

Burton Cup report and timelpase available on reports page.

Well Done Graham and Zoe for winning!

Jeremy C

Grrr,

just spent a couple of hours writing final report and saved it and it diappeared into the ether....

When I've calmed down I'll try again!??)

Apologies for the delay.... final day photo album up and also a large range of images available on Chris Bashall's website:
http://rokraider.zenfolio.com/

Biniou

...next time, write your report with a Mac!

Pictures are impressive! Some crews were kind enough to capsize, in order to let us see wing-rudders!

....wing-rudder? What is THE decision?8)

Jeremy C

Final day report up, thanks to Sophie..!
Also first video up on FB and on the reports page, Launching day one... more video will follow in time, editing takes a while.

Jeremy C

A few pics of pirates party and Burton Dinner added, if anyone has any other pics to post please feel free to send them to me and I'll upload tem to the BW website

jeremy@designs42.net

angus

Congratulations to Neil Mcinnes. I don't know if anybody noticed but he managed to nurse home the first singled bottomed boat, obviously quite a disadvantage in those conditions, perhaps indicating thet the committee was wrong in allowing double bottomed boats into the AC fleet.
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

Red Hot Pudding

From someone who couldn't be at haylimg Island this year, I just wanted to say, I really enjoyed viewing the images and reading the reports, as the weekend progressed. Many thanks Jeremy, great job!
Ian
3316 Wot More Pudding

Jeremy C

compilation of bits of video from the first couple of days of BW, sorry it has taken a while to get here:
A bit shaky but then the water was a little shaky too!

http://youtu.be/OSJQSgNY3ns

Jeremy C

Final video from BW, this time from the bow of our boat. Had to retire after breaking our lowers though.... Grrr!
http://youtu.be/zv9-0IUAsv0

Tim Gatti

Lovely video Jeremy - how noble of you to hang back in order to film the rest of the fleet!
Tim

Jeremy C

we like to do that at every start at Burton Week, think it is very noble of us!

n12 Bottom Banner