National 12 - find out more...

2013 vintage N12 champs (world indoor)

Started by paul turner, 09 Jul 2012, 06:41

« previous - next »

paul turner

Greetings - The current rough proposal for next year's vintage event is:

2 day weekend event during the warmer months (avoiding other major N12 open meetings/events) to be held on a suitably large pond in Derbyshire.

Saturday - Derwent style 3 pursuit races (all to count)  first race is scratch and the second and third are pursuit based on the times for the first race.

Sunday - 3 open races, possibly split into separate sections eg ribbies, novices/experienced (other constructive ideas welcome) but would depend on numbers attending.

Perhaps a junior race, concours judging, suitable evening entertainment, past Burton winner shoot-out?
Kevan is currently sussing out potential venues and dates - and we will report back in due course.

Whether we move the Shotgun Trophy to this event for 2013 and/or look for sponsorship or include as part of the Witchcraft series awaits your thoughts.

Ideas/constructive suggestions welcome - please - because we want this to be as inclusive as possible.
Px :K)

icecreamman

Not perhaps the constructive reply that you wanted Paul; but on initially seeing the title I thought this was going to be some spoof on Olympic leagacy with 12s using the Olympic pool with wind being provided by giant fans!!

paul turner

Thank you Icecreamman - title now unspoofed!

Jennie Clark

ICM, your suggestion is a tad Brittas-like!
J

edwillett

Hi Paul
All excellent suggestions and all have my support. Like the addition of a concours event and ribbies inclusion. perhaps will encourage attendance form this who dont necessarily want to sail their 70 year old boats wbut woyuld like to show them off and trade N12 stories and memories? I might even have N402 (pre-war Stone boat) ready by then....
Re : Shotgun Trophy...whether or not this is awrded at this event or not I still think a Trophy for the best placed Vintage boat at the Burton should be retained. I would attend the Burton if it was further north....
...and so on venue, the more central/north it is, the better for me!

n12 Bottom Banner