National 12 - find out more...

Gill Summer Event at Leigh and Lowton SC

Started by Sophie Richards (Guest), 15 Jul 2012, 08:27

« previous - next »

Sophie Richards (Guest)

Hello!

Leigh and Lowton are looking forward to hosting the Gill Summer Event on 25th and 26th August!
NOR is now available here: http://leighandlowton.wordpress.com/2012/07/09/notice-of-race-for-national-12-gill-series-summer-event-25th-and-26th-august-2012/

The first race will start at 1pm on the Saturday - there will be two Gill races on the Saturday and two on the Sunday.
We will also be hosting a crews race and the pursuit race. The event will also see the awarding of the Shotgun Trophy for the first vintage boat.

There is free camping at the sailing club, top notch food during the days and on the Saturday night we will be holding a DIY BBQ (bring you're own meat - there's a supermarket five minutes away - rolls and salad will be provided at no extra cost).

Please let us know if you're hoping to come, you will also need to notify me if you want to camp on Friday night so that we can make arrangements for this.

Cheers,

Sophie

paul turner

Greetings - Dolly Daydream and her merry crew intend being there (or perhaps might just take Shotgun for a trip around the bay?) Px :K)

edwillett

Crew permitting I will be there....

angus

I plan to be there if I can get reflection ready in time. If I do come I will be wanting to stay on Friday night again but I will be incontact closer to the time about that.
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

Tim Gatti

Hi!
Clare and I will be there with 'Saskia'.
I plan to come over on Sat am and camp on the Sat night. Not sure of Clare's plans. I'm sure she will let you know!

Tim

Chadders

Hi   I am now very hapy to be able to confirm that Triarda N2266 will be coming along too.    Subject to no Doctor re-sheduling I will have Cathy Lawson crewing on the Saturday and Helen crewing on the Sunday but for logistical reasons will not be able to stay on the Saturday evening.   
In the unlikely event that we were to win the coveted Shotgun Trophy I was wondering if it would be ok to cut it into three so we could each have a piece to hang on the wall?  perhaps Paul could advise on this issue? 
Howard C   aka Chadders   8)  (Only joking Paul honest)

Gareth

Evening all,
If anyone wants to complete the bank holiday weekend at Leigh and Lowton the 6hr race takes place on the Monday and the fleet would be very welcome. I'm sure I might be able to find some boats to borrow, Chris has a Laser!
http://leighandlowton.wordpress.com/2012/08/06/llscs-annual-6-hour-race-august-bank-holiday-monday-august-27th-2012/

Gareth

Jeremy C

I want to come along to L&L for the summer event but George can't make it as she has to work on the sat. Are there any crews who would like to join me in Trick Cyclist (3444)? post here or contact me at jeremy@designs42.net.

Cheers

JC
Trick Cyclist-3444<br />In the pink-3408<br />Kifi-2431- under restoration<br />Flying Saucer 1277 (joint owner)<br />and now Bart 3455 too (sigh!)

Carbonara

I am planning to be there in Carbonara 3502 camping on Saturday night. Looking forward to it.
Patrick Hamilton

angus

I need a crew for this event if anybody is interested. It will be Reflections first sail for a long time so I am not expecting to be very competative even in the vintage fleet. You can contact me on angus3 at tesco.net.
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

edwillett

Hi Sophie
I would like to camp Friday night too...Angus and I intend to travel down in convoy probably arriving around 10pm on Friday night.

Sophie Richards (Guest)

Looking forward to seeing you at Leigh and Lowton this weekend!
Please let us know, if you haven't already, if you're coming along so we have an idea of how many to cater for.
Check out the preview on Yachts and Yachting ...
http://www.yachtsandyachting.com/news/165324/Summers-here-for-the-National-12s!

grazz

The Very Hungry Caterpillar is looking forwards to dipping its feet into the Pennington Flash again, planning to camp Saturday night (without the kids). Will bring some veggie sausages for the BBQ
Graham & Zoe

Luke & Katie (Guest)

We are hoping to make the trip from Hykeham providing we get finished at work!!

Luke & Katie

Steve (Guest)

Sophie,
Sorry for the short notice, but I've been away most of the week. Jo and I are planning to come to L&L

Regards,

Steve
N3531

n12 Bottom Banner