National 12 - find out more...

4-6th May Salcombe

Started by wobbly, 07 Apr 2013, 01:18

« previous - next »

wobbly

SALCOMBE OPEN 4-6th May

It was so cold we forgot it was nearly May! The sun has now come out and Salcombe is the second most southerly spot in the UK so come along and enjoy the National 12 open 4th -6th May. We will lay on some great racing, a family evening meal in the posh chart room and hot pasties on Smalls Cove for Sunday lunch time.

Please tell Jools at the club bar if you would like the Saturday supper and or pasties by the Wednesday before Talkjools@salcombeyc.org.uk or phone  01548 842872  . The Salcombe yacht Club web site is being updated imminently and will contain the application form, details of race etc. or if you can’t wait ring Jayne or Fiona in the office  01548 842593 !

We look forward to seeing you there …all abilities welcome we need someone to challenge Pete Ballantine who is dominating the front of the fleet and the remainder would love to see new competition. There are already some requests for crews, spare boats coming in so if you are able to crew or bring an extra family member to crew let us know via the N12 web site.

Helen & Charlie in Para-docs

JohnMurrell

And I am sure that I saw Meds putting in some cheeky practice on Saturday...................

Carbonara

I'm planning to make the trip down from Lancashire with 3502. Please can you let me know what the arrangements are as regards Harbour Dues and boat parking at Shadycombe?

Thanks

Patrick Hamilton

wobbly

We will find out for you about harbour dues and boat parking but seem to recall that harbour dues are waived but will confirm at the club at the weekend. Look forward to seeing you.

simon ballantine

Harbour dues and boat parking fees are normally wiaved for our open meetings.

wobbly

From Jayne sailign coordinator at Salcombe.
We are looking forward to welcoming you to Salcombe soon. I confirm that the Harbour do waive Harbour dues for the Open however you will have to pay for boat and carparking. I am meeting the Boat park attendant tommorow and will confirm all parking details to you then. The fish quay is under redevelopment at the moment and so you will find the Batson Car Park busier than usual. If you would like to park your boat at Millbay for the long weekend that is possible. You can buy a ticket from SYC for £10 and we will endeavour to help you transfer your trolley over to Mill  Bay if you make contact with us, prior to arriving, to arrange a suitable launch time.
We would prefer entries online with sailracer if possible. Please follow the link below.
 http://www.sailracer.org/events/enter-v2rya.asp?eventid=171359

There is a discount if you enter before 30th April.

The Salcombe Yawls will also sail four races over the weekend and on Sunday 5th May there is a Laser Open of three races in one day. Lots of action for all.

Our website has the NOR www.salcombryc.org.uk on the Open Meeting page

Please do contact me with any other queries.

Jayne

Carbonara

Thanks for the info. I have come to the open a number of times over recent years and when I have paid the chap at the car park that has usually been the deal but I just wanted to check.
Patrick

alann

We are hoping to come.It will be our first time at Salcombe and we  are having no luck finding some where to stay we need 2 rooms for the 3 of us does anyone have any idears.
Alan
N3388

wobbly

Try contacting Higher Rew camp site there may be caravans for hire  and the owners Malcolm & Sue, who are sailors  may know of non camping accomodation. Also try Marlborough as well as Salcombe, it's hardly any distance.   I think the New Inn does B& B.

wobbly

Sorry it is called the 'old Inn!'. woops.  Also try coast and country cottages, Toad Hall Cottages, Salcombe holiday homes and owners direct. If struggling try inland a mile or two. If you look up Norman and Karen Brown in the N12 hand book they have some self catering accomodation at Idstone near Loddiswell. It is gorgeous.

wobbly

PASTY PROMT! If you would like hot pasties delivered to the beach on Sunday please order by noon Thursday 2nd May by phoning Jools on 01548 842872 or mail info@salcombeyc.org.uk . Just seen the new web site , it looks great Sophie. Proper Job!

n12 Bottom Banner