National 12 - find out more...

Ripon SC/Yeadon SC Open Meetings

Started by Little Bo, 29 Aug 2014, 06:58

« previous - next »

Little Bo

Yes, the double header Yorkshire weekend is nearly upon us with racing at Ripon SC on Saturday 4 October and at Yeadon SC on Sunday 5 October.  With the added attraction of the Ripon meeting being part of the Gul circuit we are hoping for a great turnout.  Camping available at Ripon on Saturday night (Friday night if arranged in advance with us), and our usual ace race team of Tez N'Babs and Chris you can expect all the usual windshifts and great hospitality from both clubs.  Evening meal at Ripon SC on the Saturday night, an indication of likely numbers would be much appreciated - for both the sailing and the evening meal.  We may even devise a quiz!  
If anyone needs a crew please let us know asap and at least 2 weeks before the event.   Crews wanted ads to us for Ripon and to Tim for Yeadon please.  Both clubs have lots of good juniors who might like to take part.
Happy Sailing
Jennie, Bernard and Ellie

Little Bo

Had a lovely chat with our new caterers today and they are working on the menu for the evening meal . . . sounds good so far!  Children's options available too.  More details to follow!

angus

I am hoping to come along. Have to sort out a boat yet, I have a crew for Ripon but will be looking for one for yeadon.
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

Tim Gatti

Hi Jennie - I shall be there in a vintage boat with crew.  Looking forward to the weekend immensely.
Angus - I will do my best to locate a willing crew for you - do I take it you may be seeking to borrow one of Howard's large fleet!?
Tim

Chadders

I too will be coming along with Helen and a vintage Twelve but due to offers already made, one boat under repair and the new one awaiting mods and sails measuring spare boats from me can not be relied on, sorry chaps. 8)  Looking forward to it, just need the wind to come back, non since the weekend and nothing forecast of note in the next week!  Must have used it all up earlier in the season?

Will Mitchell

Lois and I will be attending in 3479. We will be staying over on Saturday night and would like to join you for the meal.

Simon Moss (Guest)

Thomas and I will be at Ripon in N3331 but cant make Yeadon due to Toms football fixture !!! :-/

angus

I have just relised my passport has expired. My attendance will depend on which way the vote goes on the 19th!

Chadders

Team Lulham Robinson have now confirmed that they will be sailing Squidgy Bits at Ripon and Peter Robinson is hoping to bring his almost restored vintage Twelve too.  Brian Kitching and his Shotgun winning crew Olivia are also strongly rumoured to be heading up for the weekend too.  Looking good methinks.  Kind weather might also bring Paul and Christine out whilst David Peacock flushed with his success at Trent Valley was also showing interest.  Matty Foster has his name on Squidgy for the Yeadon open.

Antony (Guest)

Angus,
I do hope that you are joking.  You NEED to vote on Thursday 18th.  It is your democratic duty - whichever way you intend to vote.
Regards,
Antony

paul turner

Greetings. Dolly Daydream hopes to be there with Paul & Christine on board (but not certain back will allow attendance at Yeadon the following day).
Angus, if you need a boat I'm sure we can dig one out of the Turner collection for you.... Px 8)

PS I'm voting "yes".......

edwillett

I think Angus is hedging for the offer of the fastest boat Paul.....I have offered him my Mk9 (I have home Club duties....)...but apparently its not acceptable.....hope you all have fun!

angus

Eeh Anthony just as well you pointed that out or I would have rocked up a day late! Don't worry i will exersize my Demonic right
Nothing to do with speed Ed ( I know nothing about that), as Miss bilton would say I just don't have the colour co-ordinated kit to go with your Mk 9, I would hate to lower the tone of the meeting especially with it being a Gill, I mean Gul.
Thanks Paul I did think of contacting you but I just didn't think I could face the extra driving this time.......I must be getting old. I may give you a call about Northampton if that is OK.

Little Bo

Our lovely new caterers have come up trumps with a super menu for the Saturday night meal.  You can sign up on the day - £7.50 for adults and £5 for kids - the menu will be posted on www.ripon-sc.org.uk shortly to tempt you!  Please encourage non sailing friends of the class to come along and join in (Chadders - Mike and Margaret, Brian and Ann?) too.  We need final numbers by the time racing starts on the Saturday morning so if friends are going to come along can you book their tickets when you enter?
So far no-one has indicated that they want to camp over on Friday night, if you do want to arrive on Friday please let us know so we can be there to let you in.  It is unlikely that the bar will be open on Friday night :( but it will be open on Saturday!:)
Jennie

angus

Well at least I don't have to worry abouyt my pastsport. At the moment I don't know if I will want to camp friday night or not, it depends weather I come down the east or west coast which will depend on things far to complicated to go into here. Hopefully I will know within the next few days which side of the country I will be using. 
Regardless of which coast i use I will require a veg option for Saturday night.

n12 Bottom Banner