National 12 - find out more...

Salcombe - Gul #2

Started by Neal, 20 Apr 2015, 09:39

« previous - next »

Neal

All - who's planning to attend Salcombe?  Looks like most of of the Burghfield contingent are going.

Neal.
3271 & 3501

Antony (Guest)

Finally got out in the new boat yesterday for the first time.  All seems to work and have some sails that look fit for purpose just need to get the helm and crew a bit more sorted out.
Now packed up and in London ready to go to Salcombe..nothing like a little practice before our first Gul Event with her - I did mean for it to be more than one day of club racing with one of the crews!
Antony 
N3529

Wobbly (Guest)

Great we look forward to seeing you all. I am just getting the final details from the club and will post them asp. The Merlins recently had fantastic conditions for their Silver Tiller Series a couple of weeks ago ( by this I mean sunny but I think the wind was good too) and hope we will also. I have been approached to see if ther are any spare crews, we have A level fever and a Sunday job in our household so Rosie may be able to do a bit of the weekend if other crews would also like to do a part, if not the whole weekend. 
We have 3 N12 out regularly at the moment, Reg in his new red boat creeping up on us, Norman is experimenting with a foiling rudder and we wobble on. We suspect a few others might come out of hibernation too. 
See you soon Helen Para Docs

John M (Guest)

Meadowcroft family will be there

grazz

The Very Hungry Caterpillar will be there

Wobbly (Guest)

Hot off the press we now have the info from the club. The entry form and info are now on Salcombe Yacht Club website. 
First food. Included in the entry is a pasty on smalls cove between races on the Sunday and cheesy chips at 5.30 in the bar on Sunday. If you would like veggie pasties or extra ones for family and friends please advise Jools.  Also we have a meal lined up for the Saturday night  £13.50 pp and half price for under 12's. again advise Jools if you are veggie and please book the meal when you enter the event. For those who haven't been before the views from the club are  fab particularly if non racers want to watch fromthe terrace.. [mail=Jools@salcombeyc.org.uk>]Jools@salcombeyc.org.uk>[/mail]. The club will be open all day Sat and on Sunday til 7.40 and Monday til 5p.m. and has showers - get token from the bar. 
Sailing: There are 4 races, 3 to count, Sat 14.30, Sun 10.30 and 14.00 and Mon 10..30. Flag T. The harbour have waived dues for the weeked, boats can be kept at Batson creek boat park where there is a fee (sorry  we have to pay too) for the weekend and trailers can be left.   Look forward to seeing you. Helen Para docs.

Trick Cyclist

Accommodation booked and looking forward to it!

Rosie (Guest)

I'm available to crew (or helm).

Rosie

alan (Guest)

We am coming to salcombe
I may be being a bit thick but I can not find the entry form any where an the website
Alan

Antony (Guest)

I'm with you Alan.....  It seems a bit odd to be threatening a late entry penalty and then hiding the entry form... or is this part of a cunning plan....

Neal

Entry form now there.
3271 & 3501

Wobbly (Guest)

no cunning plan or threats ...... happy chaos theory more probable . Great so many can come.

GC

Is there somewhere to leave the boat on Friday night and if so what time do we need to be there by ?
Thanks
Gerald (for Nick & Steve 3528)

Antony (Guest)

Gerald,
In the past there has been no problem getting into the car park from where we launch and leaving it with the other boats that look like 12s or in an empty space that looks like it will not be in the way early on Saturday ..... My eta is about midnight on Friday so I certainly hope to do the same again this year...

Antony

Carbonara

Message for Rosie...If you are looking for a boat to sail in please let me know.
Patrick Hamilton  07793 658445
N3502

n12 Bottom Banner