National 12 - find out more...

N2695 Pooh Sticks

Started by National 12 Webmaster, 12 Mar 2007, 05:43

« previous - next »

National 12 Webmaster

The life of N2695 Pooh Sticks.  Design: Whisper 7, designed by: Phil Morrison in 1970
Previous boat names: Kno Idia, Challenger 

JohnMurrell

Originally called Kno Idia.

Dave took so long to build her and people were always popping into his workshop in Island Street and asking, amongst other things,  what he was going to call her to which he alway replied that he had no idea........................................

He remembers swimming around the Estuary very well, he never got the knack of keeping the rig above the boat on a fast reach. For those with long memories Whispers had a habit of lulling you into a false sense trust  and then suddenly back heeling to windward just when you weren't execting it!

Darren

Well PoohSticks has lay dormient in our boat park for a few years now, the water has got to her bow and lifted the ply and the to the transom and caused some rot, the owner Stephen Hadley has decided to sell so I have bought her rather than see her broken up, I'm sailing Magic Dragon N3285 regularly so hopefully I can find time to repair PoohSticks and get her back on the water.

n12 Bottom Banner