National 12 - find out more...

N1788 Pish Tush

Started by National 12 Webmaster, 09 Nov 2007, 11:25

« previous - next »

National 12 Webmaster

The life of N1788 Pish Tush.  Design: Mark 9, designed by: Ian Proctor in 1959

ocallensmith

I'd seen this advertised on the Association website For Free but obviously there were no takers so the owner advertised it on EBay. I've experience of vintage N12s disappearing from the Association so I contacted the owner, Pete Bartram, to see if we could strike a deal. Fortunately Pete is realistic and wanted a good home for this boat which was unsuitable for his requirements so I said I'd take it on and hopefully find someone to see it as a project. The distance between us, me being in Dorset and Pete being 200 miles away in Market Drayton initially caused some logistic problems but I was sure that could be resolved. 
In the meantime an interested party, Chris Roberts, contacted Pete to see if it was still available. I said I would step aside if Chris was going to become an Association member and restore the boat. That is his intention and having a carpentry background and a history of sailing in coastal waters it seems like a good match.
My intention is to keep vintage 12s registered with the Association and having keen sailors sailing them regularly. Hopefully this will grow the Vintage section to the extent there are good numbers joining in at Burton Week and Open Meetings.
My ownership started in year 1967 with 2135, almost a new boat !
Ex owner of 1626, 1777, 2135, 2730 & 2844 and present owner of 2383.

edwillett

Photos and advert text...
"We need to find a better home for 1788 Pish Tush, a 1959 clinker-built Mark 9 design by Ian Proctor.  We bought her 3 years ago, almost in error; she's entirely unsuitable for our small 'pond', and after some use she was pulled out & stored.  Unfortunately the cover was not as good as we thought, and though no water was held in the hull, there's a lot really could do with re-varnishing.  Structurally, there is absolutely no problem; the hull & outer paintwork are fine, but she looks sad (& a bit green!)."

ocallensmith

The above is the advert that appeared on the Association website and that I replied to.
My ownership started in year 1967 with 2135, almost a new boat !
Ex owner of 1626, 1777, 2135, 2730 & 2844 and present owner of 2383.

n12 Bottom Banner