National 12 - find out more...

N3317 Ninky Nonk

Started by National 12 Webmaster, 03 Aug 2007, 02:57

« previous - next »

National 12 Webmaster

The life of N3317 Ninky Nonk.  Design: Crusader 88, designed by: Phil Morrison in 1988
Previous boat names: Johny Fart Pants, Johnny ---- Pants, Johny's Big Day Out, Johnny --- Pants.

Nigel Goodhew

This one's a cracker. She was my first new 12, supplied as a bare hull by Gerry Ledger in March 1989. This was (arguably) the height of the '80s Viz era and her original name was a cheeky "Johnny Fartpants".

Winner of the Parkstone Plate in 1989 and lots of placings in open meetings in '89 and '90.

Alistair Edwards

Video footage filmed at Southwold SC featuring 3317.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEx0Se2Qv4A&feature=related
N3517 Carbon Paw Print (Big Issue 2)
N2903 Maxim (Paper Dart)
Previously N3143 Catatonic (Tigress)

monkeynuts

I am the lucky new owner of 3317, added to my 88 collection! :)

STU W

Bought this boat from Chris Wright? From Northampton sailing club in about 1997 and owners until 2005ish. Sold to  guy up in Suffolk, Dirk Bogart or similar. Had great fun with her on the Sea at Gunfleet Sailing Club sailing her with my wife until the kids came along. Now started sailing again as the kids want to give it a go.
looks very similar to how it did when I had her, same rigging, sheets etc just a few more battle scars. Hope you enjoy her as much as we did! Many happy memories
12's are for life not just for christmas.

monkeynuts

Excellent! Do you have any photos of her? I hope to sail her until I have finished the restoration on my other 88 then see what happens from there.

monkeynuts

Stu do you still have a carbon boom available? I would like to buy it if so following your earlier offer.

monkeynuts

monkeynuts

3317 is looking for a new home.
Being offered as a bare hull ready to re fit / tidy up. Have had some good results over the past weeks with her, very solid boat and too good to leave sitting around.

3513SL

Some footage of N3317 in this YouTube clip from 1994, club racing at Northampton SC.

https://youtu.be/miF44mQd-Dg
N12 - 3198, 3513, 3551

n12 Bottom Banner