National 12 - find out more...

Shoreham SC National 12 Open - 15-16 June

Started by Sophie, 03 Jun 2019, 09:47

« previous - next »

Sophie

We're excited to be running a National 12 open on 15 and 16 June 2019. Shoreham SC offers safe and easy launching from our new slipway within Shoreham harbour, and a short sail out to the best sailing water on the south coast. The Notice of race is available on our website but in brief;

• Briefing on Saturday not before 1130hrs.
  • Warning signal on Saturday 1335hrs.
  • Six races are scheduled - three on each day, but this will depend on the weather.
  • You will be sharing with the Wayfarer class.
It would be useful for our planning to have an idea of how many boats are coming so please reply if you intend to come or email ssccommodore@hotmail.com

Thanks
Sophie

http://www.shorehamsailing.org/wayfarer-and-n12-open/

David Copse

Rowan and I are hoping to bring Ebba along. May I book a camping spot please?

David
3457 Ebba

tom lee

Tom<br />N3545

rolandw

3492 is already there! We've been sailing her from Shoreham since April - not been ideal weather for learning how to sail a 12, only last bank-holiday week-end we learnt that feathering too hard in 25 knots can result in going backwards and going backwards quickly results in a capsize. I can report that the new ramp is a huge improvement on the moving wooden sleepers and that the grass is growing nicely. Shoreham SC is as friendly as it has ever been - it's been a nice welcome back after 19 years away.

John m

Hi Sophie
2x Meadowcroft boats planning to come.
John

grazz

Very Hungry Caterpillar will be there and we'd like a camping spot please.

In addition to the racing, we are planning a talk on sea sailing and there will be bar boats and other games on Saturday evening, so come along and join the fun!

alann

Hi Ella and I are coming for Saturday

Isobel

Is anyone looking for a crew for Shoreham
Isobel is available

Sophie

Thanks to everyone that has let us know you're intending to come - it really does help with planning. There is plenty of room for camping, and space for campervans.

JohnTh

Hi Sophie,
Unexpectedly the Full Monty should be showing up at Shoreham this weekend. Looking forward to seeing if we can remember how to sail it!
Also hoping that the weather is going to improve, so will be bringing the tent, glad to hear that there is plenty of room.

Cheers, John

Nigel W

We are planning to come with Campervan. Hoping for sunshine and not too much wind.
Nigel and Chris

JohnTh

Hi Sophie,
A weekend logistics question for you - does Shoreham SC have a policy with regards to dogs being on-site? We are struggling a bit to rehouse the guide dog pup this weekend at the moment.
Cheers, John

Kevin

John,
Hopefully they'll turn a blind eye! 😬

Sophie

I've replied to John offline, but if there is anyone else planning to bring dogs, then they are welcomed at Shoreham SC although we request that they be kept under control

GC

Gerald & Tanya will be sailing - Tanya is camping. Gerald and Frances in B&B

n12 Bottom Banner