National 12 - find out more...

Dinghy Show

Started by Richard, 06 Mar 2005, 07:49

« previous - next »

Richard

Went to the Alexandria Palace dinghy show yesterday and vistied the National Twelve stand. I was most impressed.It was crewed expertly by Graham Camm, Zoe and many other helpful members. I even met some old friends there whom I had not seen in a while. A most professional and well presented stand Congrtulations to all concerned.
Richard 2134(clap)

Mike Day (Guest)

Sorry not to be there - up at P&B yesterday buying stuff.  Whose boat was on the stand?

Mike Day
N349?
(an almost completed hull in a Hertforshire shed and a load of Harken fittings on the spare bed)

DavidW

Thank - you Richard,
Where would we be without Graham & Zoe??!!

Mike - we had Terry Cooke's brand spanking new Big Issue 2 built by Aardvark Technologies alongside Brian Whitmey's 25 year old Baggy Trousers "42" to give an example of an entry level boat. Both attracted plenty of interest together with the excellent DVD which was playing on the big screen with an hour and a half of Twelve footage - put togetherby gues who? Yes, Graham again!

A huge thank you to all who helped with setting up, equiping,  manning and dismantling the stand and for making my bit so easy!

Cheers
David Wilkins
David Wilkins
3481 Cooked to Perfection

Pip

(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)
Really impressive stand and especially liked the music on the DVD!
Oh and the balloons were great!
 ;D

JonThompson

Yes, must agree with all comments about the show, I even beleive (judging by the croud of people watching the DVD) that we had the most popular stand.  I think every person attending the show, touched Terry's new boat - I even heard some people commenting that it was made from tin!!!!  ( I think they were mostly GP14 sailors).  However - if we are doing balloons next year can some one bring a pump - I'm a smoker (yes I know that's my fault) but blowing up just a few balloons nearly killed me!!  But did any one notice that the Europe stand were sending a young member over to get free balloons, crossing the N12 logo out with a marker pen - and writing Europe beneath it!! (cheeky).   Did hear lot's of people saying that the twelve is too tippy a boat for proper sailors to race " it's only good for a blast and a swim" - how do we overcome the preconception that you need to be a genius to sail the boat, or is this part of the fun of sailing them.  But any way once again congrats to the class for a fantastic stand...

Jon

Simon Nelson (Guest)

My 6 year old daughter told me that the 2 girls handing out N12 baloons were the nicest people at the show! Just shows how easily bought kids are!!

Roly Mo

Jon,

I have a baloon pump that was to make it's way to the show.  But It's still sitting on my desk.  I'll make sure it's there next year.  I think we've got enought balloons (just)

Bernard

Geoff & Amelia

Sounds like it all went very well - well done everyone.

Whilst it is still fresh in everyone's minds can we think about what worked so we can apply it to next year (70th Anniversary)...

I think Jon has a point - How do we lose the perception that 12 are extremely difficult to sail/or the opposite that because they don't have a kite they are boring!

Also, how do we attract families and what is it that entices people with smaller children to sail 12?

thoughts..........

thanks
Amelai

n12 Bottom Banner