National 12 - find out more...

Which desgin

Started by James (Guest), 15 May 2005, 05:04

« previous - next »

James (Guest)

Hi all
Thinking about a N12 am on a buget looking a two desgins either a baggy trousers or a rough diamond which is best for club/ open meetings

Cheers

james (Guest)

Soz forgot to say sailing at sea with sometimes big seas total weight approx 25stone.

DavidW

With that weight the Rough Diamond should have the edge - Baggys are more weight sensitive - have fun and make sure you sit well back downhill in a blow on those waves.

Cheers

David W
David Wilkins
3481 Cooked to Perfection

Tom Jefferies

Hi

Well i own and sail the rough diamond N3229 at saltash and last season i sailed with about 21 stone in the boat. i have found that on the river the boat to be very quick in the light wind and on the plane in the very heavy winds (its very forgiving! :P). In the big seas i have found that racing against the baggys that they have had the off-wind edge though the rough diamond can point with the best of them upwind.
It depends where you are mainly sailing because inland i would say that the rough diamond is the faster boat.

Hope it helps
Tommo N3229
N3438

RogerBrisley

Have you ruled out a Crusader?!  Definitly worth thinking about,  as many (alright, several)crusaders or crusader derivatives attend opens and do ok.  Nice winders boat N3237 for sale see 2nd hand list

Giles (Guest)

n12 Bottom Banner