National 12 - find out more...

Footwear

Started by James McC, 11 May 2005, 08:12

« previous - next »

James McC

Hi,

Has anyone got any recommendations for footwear to go over my drysuit?  My old Gill boots took about 30 minutes to pull on on Sunday and then crushed my feet for the duration of the sail!  All suggestions welcome, though sensible ones preferred!

Cheers,

James
N2699 - Two Crewed

Geoff & Amelia

Hi,

The best thing to do is wear a pair of 'Pop socks' over the foot of the drysuit (or really thin socks) and you will find that you foot actually simply slides into your boots.

try it!

Amelia
N3488

James McC

Will do - anything is worth a try after Sunday's fiasco in Shoreham!
N2699 - Two Crewed

Geoff & Amelia

We were watching the sailing at Shoreham on Sunday - maybe thinking about joining again next year.

Looked like a great sail!!

Amelia
N3488

Slip them in (Guest)

Edward P

I always found that liberal coatings of talcum powder applied to boots and feet helped.

Also having a pair of boots 1 size bigger than you would normally wear means that you can wear thick warm socks inside the drysuit and without crushing your feet while you sail. The downside is that the boots are too big to wear in the summer.

Edward

Pip

Or just plain ordinary socks work!
So do plastic bags if you wanna go for the tramp looks!
 :)

Spellowranger

John Murrell (Guest)

I always go green and re-cycle old Tesco bags! They slip on a treat and if you put a hole in the corner slip out so that the tramp effect disappears!  ??)

Tom Jefferies

buy bigger boots!
N3438

n12 Bottom Banner