National 12 - find out more...

Wanted - another mast!

Started by Nigel (Guest), 24 Jul 2005, 08:46

« previous - next »

Nigel (Guest)

Well I don't actually want to fit two masts. Do the rules stop you? Interesting sail plans!

Has anyone got a C mast for a 12 that is not being used and are willing to donate it to a good cause - ie go sailing, after all that's what a mast needs. Just think how you would be if you were left at home when the rest of the boat went sailing. :'(

Needs to be 6.37m or more long, ie stepped at DB/ centreboard casing level or keel.

Sailing with less than 16 stone and want a really bendy mast, currently sailing with a Kappa but have been recommended to change it for a C or Carbon!  We batten down the hatches in a F4.

So to revise the question, either
1)       has anyone got a carbon mast broken at deck or gooseneck level and is willing to sell the remainder, then I'll graft it into a alloy stump.  ::)
2)       Has anyone got a spare/redundant C section that they are willing to swap for a few quid? :)  

Obviously this leads onto another question:
           Has anyone got a decent secondhand suit of sails prefereably made for a Procter C mast or just main that they are willing to sell

happy sailing
Nigel N3415

Ken Goddard (Guest)

Nigel,
I have the two pieces of a much-liked, lightweight section, Proctor Alpha, which I broke at the mast gate last year. If you think you can join them together somehow, please get in touch.
Regards
Ken Goddard
N.2300
Phone Number in the booklet

n12 Bottom Banner