National 12 - find out more...

peski Enterprise Sailors

Started by Emma (Guest), 27 Jul 2005, 11:18

« previous - next »

Emma (Guest)

Having bought our very first National 12 and bringing it back to our sailing club we were both feeling very proud of the purchase of 3304.

Whilst "most" members of our club were admiring the paintwork (blue and yellow check) There on the balcony was one of the clubs Enterprise sailors, now if he was an owl his head would have turn 180 degrees!!!

Being complimentary to our pruchase, please bear in mind that in our Old Vintage  Merlin Rocket that we have been up their backsides around the course (so more like a taste of the old sour grapes) Their first comment was " Oh it is another one of those submarines" and since then they have still named it a submarine.  Bearing in mind that on the first time that we took the boat out (in very light winds) we beat them by 4.20 Mins over the water and our Monday sailing in allot more wind, found me being an extremely nervous crew and although we didnt beat them we managed to stay dry.

Please feel free to comment on their rebranding of a National 12 to a submarine! :)

guest (Guest)

I've never sailed an enterprise so am not able to comment from personal experience.. but  from what I have heard at least a submarine is designed for water, whereas wardrobes definitely aren't

THG

I have sailed in Ents in past and didn't find them all that great - although they have over 20K boats out there!

When looking to return to sailing I wanted a 2 person boat suitable for adult and child crews.  We have had our N12 for a couple of years now and find it great - we still beat many of the Lasers, Albacores on the water (gravel pit) - although our Solo fleet are damn good.

Have had some issues with submarining - had some good replies to my thread 'Dive Dive Dive' - it doesn't happen that often. Boat is faster rest of the time usually.

Happy sailing (with occasional submarining)

Kean
N3364
THG

n12 Bottom Banner