National 12 - find out more...

RHYC Winter Series

Started by Antony (Guest), 26 Oct 2005, 06:13

« previous - next »

Antony (Guest)

Fran G (Guest)

Dear All,

I think this looks brilliant and think people should travel from far and wide to come and sail at Royal Harwich.  Particularly people from Nottingham on the 20th and 4th.

I have a potential crew who would love a lift if there happens to be anyone from that area coming along.

I know its a long shot, but you never know and if you don't ask.....

Looking forward to seeing eastern folk at RH and Thames folk at dinner.

Love Fran

Helen (Guest)

Sailed at Harwich on Sunday and we had 5 12's out which was great and about 13 boats al together.  Come and race on the 20th Nov and the 4th December but the more the merrier at any of the weekends!
We have 2 modern boats and 3 AC boats so really all are welcome, 4 of the boats are being helmed by under 18's!!!
Hope to see you there
Now just need to find myself a boat!

Helen

Jerry G

Very discreet of Helen not to mention the age of the 5th helm!  Lets just say there is plenty of room for anyone between the ages of 18 and ?

Great fun last Sunday, very gusty but some extreme planes at times.  Were we the only ones not to capsize?

Helen (Guest)

Chris Brown and I didn't capsize, but we were sailing a firefly....
Does that count?

Hope to see lots of you down there on the 20th and that time I will be in a 12 (promise)!

Antony (Guest)

12 Knots of breeze and sunshine, the kind of forecast I like.  Anybody leaving a decision 'til the last minute had better find a crew and check that the boat is where they left it.

Roll on Sunday,
Antony
N3484

helen

Found a boat!!! (thanks Sam)
So how many will be there on Sunday then to join the other 5 12's we have out there???

See you Sunday

Helen

helen

Excellent day, 10 nationals out and 27 boats on the water.  Thanks to everyone who came and supported RHYC winter sailing, it was great to see so many people there.  

Thanks Antony for organising this, it was a really good idea and hopefully see you all (and maybe more of you) on the 4th December.  

Helen

Antony (Guest)

Organising it was the easy bit, people actually showing up was great and the weather was almost perfect.  A force 2-3 in bright sunshine andd just warm enough that there were no cases of severe cold reported in the fleet.  Thanks also to the sponsors at P&B.

There were 10 boats and some very enjoyable close racing as the long run against the tide kept both races close until the end.  There is a report from the PR department of P&B on the Y&Y website that is great but slightly inaccurate. The results as I have them were as follows:

Race 1
1st Antony Gifford & Jess Green
2nd Jon and Charlotte Ibbotson
3rd John & Mandy Thornton

Race 2
1st Antony & Jess
2nd Frances Gifford & David Marlow
3rd Jon and Char

Obviously lovely for me that we won both races, but it feels like we spent all day overlapped on a run with some combination of Frances, Jon and the Thorntons!

Two things that were great to see were:
1:  The 3 boats helmed by under 18s, one of whom (Will Playford) took a lot of overtaking in the first race.
2. The number of people that had been lent boats for the occassion, so thanks to Sam Sutton, Jon Ibbotson (he has 2!) and Derek & Hazel Mayhew for their boats.

The one disappointment was that two more 12 sailors had crew issues and did not make it onto the water (well they did but in plastic single-handers).  Anybody got any spare crews in the Suffolk area for the Dec 4th weekend?

Antony
N3484

Antony (Guest)

Back to the top!

Good weather forecast (warmer and 12 knots of wind).  At least 10 and probably 12 boats on the water at RH this weekend.  Sounds good to me........

Antony

Antony (Guest)

12 knots and sunny on the BBC forecast... high water...plenty of boats... good enough for me.

Antony

helen

I know of 3 more boats joining us for Sunday who were not out last time.  The racing was excellent then and should be even better now.  

See you there????

Helen

helen

having had a not very well helm and leaving Wolverstone after the first start on Sunday, can anyone tell me what happened please?

I'm going to try and arrange a bit more wind for Boxing Day but for those of you that haven't been that is also a great day, 11 am start and I will post more details soon

Helen

n12 Bottom Banner