National 12 - find out more...

N2743

Started by ben saunders (Guest), 23 Mar 2006, 01:35

« previous - next »

ben saunders (Guest)

Hi
 Does anyone know what the original name of N2743 is. Have just finished restoring her after a sinking in october. She is a 1973 Paper Dart.
Cheers Ben

grazz

Hi Ben, not sure what her original name is, but the National 12 handbook reckons her name is "Pom" so that's the best we can do. What is she currently named?

How did she sink?

When's the planned relaunch?

Graham

ben saunders (Guest)

Managed to capsize when a knot came loose on my traveller. hadn't totally sealed the front tank after a total rebuild after getting her free from my club last summer. luckily the previous owner had shoved a lot of foam into the tank so our patrol boat was able to pull me in. not very dignified though! cheers for the info about the name.

Ben

DavidW

Just had a look in the 1981 handbook - She was "Pom" then. - could be original name.

Enjoy!

David
David Wilkins
3481 Cooked to Perfection

John Murrell (Guest)

Sad isn't it but i just happen to have my 1974 handbook sitting along side of me in the office!!

It says there that the original name was Mithrandir and that she was owned by one K F Bloor!! ::) Kevan sold her to Cathy Foster who renamed her Rashers :'(

I seem to remember that the boat re-surfaced at Staines when I was class rep there in the late 70's and sailed by Anabel Longmore, she lived in the house about three up from the club. I think Anabel would have changed the name to Pom about then. After that, sorry can't help.

John

ben saunders (Guest)

Thanks to all for your help.
think she will be christened as Pom again soon at Seasalter. untill now she has only been know as 'the 12' as there appears to be a drought of 12s along the north Kent coast. even the ones at Whitsatble have left :'(  are there any more out there?
cheers, ben

n12 Bottom Banner