National 12 - find out more...

what 12 to buy

Started by mark, 05 Jun 2006, 04:46

« previous - next »

mark

I am looking to buy a 12 at most wanting to spend 750 but staying as competitive as I can can anyway suggest any designs overall weight aprox 20 stone.

Antony (Guest)

Mark,
Where are you planning to sail the boat?  On inland water like rivers and smaller lakes it is perfectly possible to buy a competitive 12 for your budget.  If you want to sail on the sea or a very big lake then you might look at a slightly different collection of designs.

Also, it is worth bearing in mind that in handicap racing a lot of clubs have been happy to adopt our suggested PY numbers for older boats so that is another way that people have been able to be very competitive at club level in bargain 12s.

Antony
N3484

mark

I am looking at sailing on a fairly small lake but may also be racing at places such as rutland and grafham water.

Antony (Guest)

Mark,
For your budget I would suggest that you look out for a cheap Crusader (now sure if 3215  is still for sail but if she is that is great value in my mind) or failing that a Tigress or Tiger in good condition. If you want more info or have specific boats that you want to ask about thenI suggest that you email me directly and I will see if I can help.

Antony
N3484

Mikey C

Theres a Tiger on Ebay at the moment....
Carbon Toys for fast girls and boys!

//www.aardvarkracing.co.uk

antony (Guest)

Mike S (Guest)

THG

THG

n12 Bottom Banner