National 12 - find out more...

Vintage 12s Regatta at Frensham

Started by Charles Smith (Guest), 20 May 2006, 09:10

« previous - next »

Charles Smith (Guest)

Vintage National 12s will be welcome at Frensham Pond near Farnham Surrey  on the 15th and 16th of July.  

We run a Classic and Vintage regatta over the two days with four races, one on the Sarurday afternoon and three on Sunday.  You are welcome to come on one or both days  - but if you are not there on Saturday evening you will miss cheerful informal dinner by the water.  If it means digging an elederly 12 out of the garage - well, we will be glad to see it -  even of its not sailing.

Results for the 12s will be listed separately and passed on to the class  although everybody races together,  with members of the CVRDA coming from far and wide - including some National 12s

Ken Goddard kindly put the event on to the 12s Vintage Clandar and I will be happy to email full details -let me know at  info@tradboat.co.uk  - or alternatively do ring me at ring 01483 429792 This is a nice well established event and it will be good to have you there.

I have N1713 in restoration - maybe the hull will be finished by then - um - is that more rot in the transom? - maybe not.  (Incidentally if anyone knows more about this boat which was first registered at Desborough in '59 I would be delighted to hear - pictures on my website at www.tradboat.co.uk

Cheers
Charles

Charles Smith.  Frensham Pond Sailing Clkub N1713

nick clibborn

With only three weeks to go until the CVRDA regatta at Frensham Pond we are promised the largest fleet we have had over the three years we have been holding these CVRDA events. As an event on the National 12 Vintage circuit it's not to be missed, and the welcome return of vintage 12's to a club that did more than most to popularise the '12' in the early days is a red letter day - or weekend.

Call me if you need any details, on 01252 311982, or nick-carol@alderwey.freeserve.co.uk

Regards

Nick Clibborn

n12 Bottom Banner