National 12 - find out more...

Tynemouth Open

Started by yvonne, 26 Jun 2006, 01:20

« previous - next »

yvonne

A grey day led to grey photos and the choppy seas were a challenge. I did, however, manage to get boats in some shots, so here they are on;
http://photos.orange.co.uk/album/3341236
See you at Filey, Yvonne :D

Howard C (Guest)

Nice pics Yvonne especially as you were going up and down as much as we were!

RogerBrisley

Thanks Yvonne,  as usual super pics under quite offputting conditions, and great to have them available before the experience has faded (I was certain the waves were bigger than that!).

Roger

Roly Mo

Great sequence of Patrick and Judith below and then above the waves, and also love the picture of Philip's red hat popping up above a wave!  I admire your photographic skills - getting any pics at all in those conditions would be difficult - well done!

Mrs Roly Mo

philipcosson

I’m sure you've put them through some sort of 'wave flattening' filter.

Skiing photos were always the same - huge precipices became Norfolk fenland scenery in photos.

It was a great experience for our first ever trip on the sea (save in a car-ferry)

Can someone tell me what the course was? I got confused with the triangle sausage bit and the 'gate' - the triangle was clear - but I was directed through a 'gate' half way up windward leg? and I did not know what mark i was making for on the run... (sorry - i'm a bit dim, and everything is such a rush when you arrive to get on the water)

Here is my diagram of the 'course'

\\  wind direction
  \\

o 1

.          [] 'gate' and start

o 2

0 3

Philip
Philip<br />ex N3367, ex N3253

yvonne

You should have seen the out-takes! I didnt get a boat in 50% of the pics
I agree the waves did seem bigger on the day