National 12 - find out more...

3176 on ebay

Started by marcus3292, 12 Sep 2006, 05:41

« previous - next »

peter1808

I am very interested but design not listed on Nat 12 website. Does anyone other than the seller know anything about her?

marcus3292

from my n12 handbook its a trident design, built in 81 by john wills, appears to be the only one, may be a good buy for a few hundred.  im not an expert someone like mr ledger may konw something about it,
N3292

THG

FYI - he has it up for sale via Y&Y too - so maybe youneed to contact him via that to buy directly and save ebaying.
THG

peter1808

THG

THG

DavidW

If I recall John Wills was a member at Porchetser SC. He built well but wasn't renowned for doing particularly well in racing in this or any other 12. The difficulty with a one off such as this is that there is no real basis for comparison as the boat hasn't been raced by people known to be able to win major races - the truth is that there have been very few absolute dogs in the history of the class and this isn't one of them. If the boat is in good condition it souns like a good buy at that price.

Cheers

David
David Wilkins
3481 Cooked to Perfection

peter1808

:) Thanks for the info and advice, I have asked to have a look on Friday. A pity it isn't still in Portchester which is just down the road. Although some regard the eBay as a last resort for selling rubbish I have just sold an old but VGC windsurfer for over twice its reserve after not having a sniff locally on the 2 occasions I have advertised it in the last couple of years.
Peter

DavidW

Peter
Where would you be sailing when you get a 12? - did you get this one?

We have a small fleet at Spinnaker Club near Ringwood - is this too far for you?

Cheers

David
David Wilkins

n12 Bottom Banner