National 12 - find out more...

2nd hand boats wanted!

Started by DavidW, 16 Mar 2007, 07:27

« previous - next »

DavidW

David Wilkins
3481 Cooked to Perfection

THG

David - my old boat a Baggy T (3364) is on the list at a low price - the boat itself is in good nick but ideally needs new rig, cover and trailer / combi - someone could get a bargin 12 and then just upgrade (over time) - that was my plan but I picked up the Crusader from John Murrell instead.

Just a thought - in better nick than Baggy Aardvark!  ;)

Kean

THG

Jimbo41

David,
Thinking of selling Nuttyshell - a Tigress 3130 without trailer for a reasonable price. Bob Hoare built 1980, redecked 1990, Sails, Alverbanks Mylar dacron from last year. She's a good boat, but I'm too heavy for her, hence purchase of Passion Pudding. Can bring to GB at Easter.

Cheers!

Jim.

Antony (Guest)

Jim,
Sell it to a lightweight German, I thought that was always the game plan.

Antony

Jimbo41

Antony!

Got to keep all options open  :D But you are correct in that.

Ideally, I'd really want to buid up the German fleet. I would also save time and/or cash in transporting her  :-/

Cheers!

Jim.

DavidW

Thanks for responses - I've spoken with both potential purchasers this evening and each have now arranged to look at some 12's. I'll keep you posted.

The Spinnaker fleet goes from stength to strength!

Cheers
David Wilkins
3481 Cooked to Perfection

JohnMurrell

Antony,

Is it possible to say lightweight and German in the same breath?

Jimbo41

Ja freilich, Herr Murrell!

You've just got to avoid laughing at the same time (and avoid them laughing at you too!) :P

Some are even lighter than (ahem) myself.  But it is interesting to note that the FDs and 505s do require a lot more crew weight than the 12s, and these are normally sailed on the Ammersee.  

Cheers!

Jim. See you at SYC at Easter.

Giles_Edmondes-Preedy

Kean

If a new rig is needed, I have a Kappa and set of P&B sails ready to go. OK, not state of the art technology, but might bring an elderly AC boat forward a bit?

If anyone is interested in either, please contact me.

Giles
N3319

jonsue N3469

Our design 8 3286 will be available soon once replacement arrives

mark sansom (Guest)

Roly Mo

John Brookes has just put his Baggy up for sale - his number is in the book if anyone wants more details.  It's a smart boat.  His round robin to the Northern fleet says:

Fast de-keeled Waller Baggy, refurbished/Ovington stiffened 2004, 3Kg correctors, carbon centre board, carbon Superspars mast & boom, 2006 Alverbank sails, Aardvark carbon dagger board rudder assembly, Fully adjustable rig, compass, Refurbished Combi trailer, O/U covers, spareKappa mast & lifting rudder.

Roly Mo

darebarry

Hi. In reply to last message there are no Puddings for sale on the IoW, was sold to JamesAnderson on last  Sat.

Jane Wade

What about a superb Numinous - ideal for Spinnaker.  Fully kitted out, tuned and ready to go.  

Speak to Kevin because he is running out of room in his front garden / garage / driveway and the Armada just keeps building!

Jane W

n12 Bottom Banner