Started by James Taylor, 12 Mar 2007, 11:35

« previous - next »

James Taylor

Emma (Guest)

boing back to the top

Emma and James
N3402 & N3304 (3304 for sale)

DavidW

I'll think about it- but my thoughts will be from a beach in Australia!

Twelves usually put in a good showing at this event - Hopefully some of you an make it and build on the sucesses of the Bloody Mary and the Battle of the Classes!

Cheers
David Wilkins
3481 Cooked to Perfection

Emma G

jammy dodger

I will try my best to be there. Still recovering from a knee operation that is taking longer than I wanted to repair, but also keen to try out my new boat. I'll see if Messrs Wilkins and Felix are coming as well. Simon N3454 Jammy Dodger (formerly Sunset Surreal, formerly Amy J) Being a bit superstitious I have changed back to her original name with a small amendment - JAMmY dodger- hence the misspelt jammie for those of you who can spell...

James Taylor

Boing to the top again,   ;D

JohnMurrell

James, is this boinging something to do with what went on in a caravan at Porthpean and you are trying to tell us something?

Nathan Harding

well done muddles, i think you've hit the nail on the head there!! Remember him hurting his back...cough cough

James Taylor

janeysailor12

You are going to HATE us then.....we are going to Starcross....but not with the 12, we're taking the B14....sorry

Janey N3306

Jimbo41

janeysailor12

Having dedicated the last XX years of my life to my beloved Crusader, it's time to...not exactly move on....but move in another direction.  The 12 is an absolutely fantastic boat.  No question about that.  However, I like to win....and we do....win that is, at our club, and I have to say at quite a few opens we have attended, and if we don't...win that is...we are usually in the top 3.  But in the last year 18 months or so I have felt that at the opens we have attended we have been hopelessly out-classed, by the spinnaker boats and by faster swoopier plastic numbers, which leaves us feeling totally demoralised and with a conundrum....do we sell Equity and buy a Numinous or another plastic double floored 12, cost of about 5K upwards......meaning we'd have to sell Equity which I really don't want to, because she's beautiful, and I am VERY attached to her for personal reasons (which I won't bore you with)......or do we go in a completely different direction and get something else.  Don't want a GP14....had one...sold it...too staid.  Don't want an Ent.....too crew unfriendly and they're sheds, every time I crewed an Ent I got briused to within an inch of my life.  Dont Want a Merlin....too expensive in plastic and no point in getting a wood one as we don't have the space to keep 2 woodern boats.  Saw the B14...fitted the bill, sailed it...loved it....bought one!  So...we now have the 12 which we still race very competatively and still adore.  And the B which we take out for a blast when the conditions and the venue are right.  What more could one want?...hope this answers your question.
Janey  :)

Jimbo41

Absolutely..... :-/

Sorry Janey, I guess I shouldn't be so disingenuous. One should accept all types of 12 sailor and be grateful that one still has quite a few - even if some of them do the occassional "cross sailing" (cf. in the "clothing" sense)  ;D

Nix vor Unjut Magd!

Jim.

janeysailor12

Apology accepted  :D

Janey

Non illigitimus carborundum  ;D

Jimbo41

n12 Bottom Banner