National 12 - find out more...

Do you need accomodation for Burton Week

Started by Emma G, 06 Feb 2007, 06:45

« previous - next »

Nathan Harding

Hey James,

Might be interested....tried to call you tonight but it said your phone was off!

nath

Jimbo41

Good to know we're not the only ones who've booked early.

We've got Castaway Cottage, (same company) but unfortunately, we're full... :-/

Are you and James going to do Salcombe Week as well?

Jim N3470 (raring to go and slapping on gofaster stickers).

Emma G

Hiya Jimbo

We do have the following week booked off and are planning to go along to Salcombe although not sure if we shall stay the whole week.  We have no accomdation booked for Salcombe at the moment, thought about taking the tent.

See you at Burton  :)

Emma
3304 & 3402

Jimbo41

Emma!
Great news!
The more the merrier!!!

Time to show up those pesky Solos and bruitish Yawls, not to mention those cutthroat Lasers (excuse pun  ;)).

Last time in August on the rescue boat had no end of trouble trying to stop them smashing through some poor kid beginners with the ICC at the Saltstone -  right bu**ers some people when you get them in a yot. Hope we don't get that on the water this year.

To tell you the truth, I've never sailed in a 12 at Salcombe. I only know Mirrors (still got 14114). I know it's quite challenging due to the tide, especially at the bit around Small's Cove and Fisherman's Cove. You see everone hiking out hard up into the wind, very much against the current and apparently just managing it. Hard work, but worth it. Then into the bag and the going gets better. Out to broadgates, round the (No 7? or 1) mark and back with the flow.

Luverly,  ;D
Cheers!

Jim.

davidgr (Guest)

Suggest you get the facts right about the ICC.  The boats were towed out through a fleet of 12's and Lasers which were trying to get out of the tide.  One laser was grabbed by an ICC motor boat and towed down the fleet.  Had they waited 2 minutes they would have had the water to themselves.

Don't let this put you off Salcombe, it is a great place to Apres Yacht, great beaches and with a F3/4 seabreeze, will give you some of the best sailing around.  Don't know the tides that week but the challenge is all part of it!

David
N3461

JohnMurrell

Mr Greening, shame on you - living in Salcombe and you don't know the tides.................

As always I try to pick the tides so that the Twelves can play over high water providing that Town Regatta let me, and this year its over neaps and hw during the afternoon, what more can you ask for?

RogerBrisley

Jimbo

Salcombe is superb either in a laser or a 12.  Last did it in a 12 (town week) in 2004.  Yawls don't take prisoners might being bigger than right,  often better to go round them in light airs especially when they get all social and raft up at the leeward mark!

Have a look at fotoboats gallery of town week 2004, yawls and you will see wall to wall yawls except one 12 (frame tg003074p) where yours, ever, is yotting in his first 12 (can't think why we are included with yawls).  I seem to recall a frame with the mess at the leeward mark social but this is not there now.Perhaps  Tom G can shed light on this.

Are you visitingg Salcombe at Easter,  perhaps?

Roger

JohnMurrell

Roger,

Pertinant point, in Salcombe there are two sets of Racing Rules - the ISAF one that the rest of the world understand and a second that states ' Not sure what point of sailing I am on but I sail a YAWL get out of the way!' Its one of the reasons that N3062 passed away!

I might sacked for that one!!!!!

John

Jimbo41

JohnMurrell

Errr! James my dear chap, if you have been coming here for so long can you tell me where Broadgates is? Widegates and Saltstone and the The Bag we know, but is Broadgates the new name for the Fairway.....................

Jimbo41

Sho! **t , sly mysdexia get bo thetter mo fe dotay..... :o

Just wanted to say that there are also some of us who've been coming down for so long now they don't get paranoid about showing how ignorant they are  :B

But seriously, I got too carried away by the apparent lack of awareness about children sailing and how important it is not to take it out on them per se  but on the ADULT in charge to revise my spelling. I know where Widegates is I think.... Variable sailing there, at low tide the water is so stiff  in parts you can cut it with a knife  :P

What's  the matter John? Milk and bickies prevented you from having a decent afternoon nap eh?  :P

Jim

JohnMurrell

Too much caffene and not enough Vino Destructo Rouge..........................

n12 Bottom Banner