National 12 - find out more...

We need some new photos in the Gallery/boat data!!

Started by Jimbo41, 15 Mar 2007, 08:35

« previous - next »

Jimbo41

Hi folks!

Isn't it about time we got some more photos in the gallery? It's very disheartening to see the same old thing day in day out... :-/ The database could do with a lot more comments and photos too....

Cheers!

Jim (Get on with it!  :D)

Mikey C

Dont you have a job? I thought I looked at the board too often...
Carbon Toys for fast girls and boys!

//www.aardvarkracing.co.uk

Jimbo41

I don't write  - it's my secretary who does it all for me  ;D :P ;)

Cheers!

Jim

THG

I assume each Topic in the boats database is a boat number, as there are 606 topics currently out of 3500 boats there are a few gaps to fill in.

THG

JohnMurrell

Jim,

Just to stop you getting too bored, I have just added this page to the SYC website!

http://www.salcombeyc.org.uk/content/history/

We do have a number on old photo's of Twelves sailing in and around Salcombe, they are all famed and its not really possible to get them scanned, but if you are in Salcombe come into the Club, they are available for anyone to see.

John

Jimbo42

Jimbo42

Must be some pics from Scaling Dam......?
Dramatic shots of masts (and booms) creaking under the strain.....
A helicopter airsea rescue perhaps? :P
Those that go down to the sea in ships.....
Oh well... :-/

Cheers!

Jim  ;)

JohnKn

Some years ago I worked with Graham Camm on the vintage pages of the old website. As a result (and as a bit of an anorak) I've got a substantial collection of gifs & jpgs of 12s - not just vintage ones, but most of the ones that appear on advert sites, magazine sites, etc. I'll happily stick them on a CD and mail it to anyone with time to add them to the database, and limited scrupples about copyright.

Anyone interested can contact me via johnknowles at fsmail dot net

John (N1662)
JohnKn
N1662

Jimbo41

Thanks very much for your input John!!! I'll be in touch.
Cheers
Jim N3470 and 3130 (currently being restored)

n12 Bottom Banner