National 12 - find out more...

Lairwell Trophy 2007

Started by Roly Mo, 15 Apr 2007, 03:14

« previous - next »

Roly Mo

Just a quick reminder that the 2007 Lairwell Trophy kicks off next Sunday, 22 April, with the open meeting at Annandale SC.  First race 11.30am - further details from either John Hugo or Bernard Clark.

Two weeks later the 2nd meeting in the series takes place, with a visit to the gloriously picturesque venue of Kippford for a meeting to be shared with the Scottish Enterprise and RS200 fleets and hosted by Solway Yacht Club.  Further details hyperlinked from the event calendar.

Happy Sailing

Team Roly Mo

angus

we'll be there, hopefully with a center board that goes up and down. but worms not yet sorted so watch where you grab my boat bernard!!!!!
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

Mark (Guest)

Hi
We're planning on doing both events, looking forawrd to them both.

Mark and Emma

Roly Mo

Angus - beware the Pie Boys.  We will be out in force at Kippford, just looking out for worms in between eating pies . . . .

Boat numbers for Kippford are looking encouraging, are any of the Midland or Southern fleets venturing north to join us?

Antony

Sadly Jo and I will not be able to pop by to join you.  Interestingly it looks like there will be 3 good and reasonably attended 12 events this weekend, at Sth Cerney, Kippford and Pagham so nobody has any excuse for leaving their boat on the shore.

And, before James or Emma reads this I know that none of the above are within a 2 1/2 hour drive of Penzance and I am sorry about that we would love to see you more often.

A

Lukepiewalker

Hopefully I shall find my way along to ogle shiny carbon things and make a general nuisance of meself.... ;D

scotyot

Rumours about 'Rumours' making its inaugural appearance on Scottish water are sadly, unfounded. An invasion of mice in this mild winter/spring we are having has had a devastating effect on its sail wardrobe. That, together with a shortage of time on fittings and set-up will mean that she won't appear til later in the spring. The helm anticipates being present though to eye up the talent on his return to the Twelve fleet after a gap of some twenty-five years.
Bob (3032)

icecreamman

Gods, wife, small children and all the other spanners that can be thrown into the works permitting, I shall be there. Sadly the Commodore's wife will not be in attendance I fear, but maybe I can manage to sweet talk her for North Berwick later in the year!

angus

If this weather continues i hope your bringing your van! :D

Lukepiewalker

Just been out sanding the new paint job on my spare mast, and it looks dicededly frisky out there at the mo...;D
No guarantees for tomorrow though/...  ::)

angus

What happened to the ICM turn left instead of right and ended up in Devon I hear. You missed a trick there anyway I'm sure you could of got the comodore to crew for you (for an icelolly or two) and very nice she was too. ::)

Roly Mo

icecreamman

Angus me old fruit if you have ice creams or lollies to bribe the ladies with, well use them. We shall of course be up at Kippford, but will not be bringing the works van, only the caravan the Post Man Pat Van, the kids and Mrs ICM.

:D

angus

Look forward to seeing you there but watch out for aardvarks its amazing how low some will sink to win as roly mo will testify. we were pretty hot on the sink to with our self bailers in reverse!

Roly Mo

Hole in rudder blade excavated last week, now on to filling ready for painting.  SHould have it done by Wednesday!

Watch out for slow long load on the route north on Friday - double trailer behind motorhome - we are bringing ICM's bath-tub to Scotland as well as Roly.    Looking forward to seeing how modified engine copes with it all!  

RM

n12 Bottom Banner