National 12 - find out more...

Frampton on Severn SC Open 20 May

Started by brian kitching, 30 Apr 2007, 09:07

« previous - next »

brian kitching

Fellow Sailors.
For the first time, Frampton on Severn Sailing Club are holding a N12 open (Avon SC will not be holding a N12 event, we are near by). I hope to get sufficient numbers to persuade the club to continue this event and as such am keen to get good support, if you are available please attend.

The details of the open:-    
20th May, this is a SW area event.
Race Brief 10:30.
First race start 11:00, Second back to back.
Lunch. Third race approx 14:00.

Web site www.fossc.org.uk for direction and club info, else contact me my number is on the N12 programme.

If you are planning to come, please post an answer or phone so I have an idea of numbers, thank you.
Hope to see you there

Brian Kitching
N3439 and N1657

THG

THG

paul turner

Yo Brain!

Hope to be there (but should I bring Dolly or Crazy D?) - but you havent booked in for trent valley yet!? >:(

Paul N2020/2487/3500

greight expectations

THG

Brian - can't seem to email to your address here.

FYI - and gets this to top) - I've chased up a few 'locals';

Possibly 2 from Chew Valley - Alex Dick (was at SCSC) & Ken (meant to be at SCSC but work commits)
Remote possibility Mark Collyer Chippenham SC (very small river Club!) - needs to get boat onwater and British Moth too.
Whitefriars SC - as 3 active 12s now - all may be possible Jim Aldis will advise (he was at SCSC, Simon came too with no boat after eBay purchase but is sailing, Steve had to work in his dinghy shop on Saturday.
Dan Cowain - Oxford way - no answer yet
Tim Rostran - Oxford / Witney way - came to SCSC Open with no boat - may also be there if boat on water
SCSC - not sure if Tim has his boat on water yet.

These are the most local boats I know of - there maybe one or two over near wales - one address from handbook was Monmouth - not too far away.

If you get half of the list here thats at least 5.  Need to work on the Spinnaker guys to come across too - or we'll just have to boycott their event in July  ;D

Kean

THG

THG

Brian - 2 from WFSC are confirmed (Simon who recently bought a Final Chapter has his arm in a sling - no sailing).

Provided its not too windy a new 12 sailor, has design 8, based at Malvern (Steve) will be doing first Open and maybe needs some help!  He's still looking for a Club - he went to Frampton before but a bit too far to travel it seems.

Will keep you posted of any more I find.

Kean
THG

Stephen Merchant

Hi,

I will be attending in my 12 - have not had her for long so this will be my first open event. I sail at the same club as Jim Aldis (Whitefriars SC) and spend all my time looking at his transom so would be nice to look at some other 12 transom's and maybe have some looking at mine.

Steve Merchant

THG

Boing - get those ACs out and have some fun!
THG

Jimbo41

[quote by=Kean link=Blah.cgi?b=Cool1,m=1177963662,s=7 date=1179131745]Boing - get those ACs out and have some fun![/quote]

Oi! Not only ACs - we've also got around 90 DBs - where are you folks?

I'd love to be there too :'(
Cheers!
Jim.

THG

Of course ANY 12 is welcome - in general the ACs have been a bit shy coming forth and as this is a small water it will offer good close racing (like wot we had at TVSC / SCSC last few weeks).

Kean
THG

THG

THG

tom lee

We will be there
Will there be some food available for lunch or do we need to bring our own?

Tom
N3258
Tom<br />N3545

johnk

Food will be available at lunch time. There will also be time to eat it. I shall and I am due to be the OOD!

Stephen Merchant

Hi all - is there an entry fee for the day and if so how much is it?

Thanks,

see you tomorrow,

Steve

THG

Thanks to Brian and FSC - good event with lunch and beers all thrown in for the entry fee.

Forecast was not right - lots of sunshine - could have done with spreading the wind out more evenly over the weekend.

Quick summary - 10 boats attended.

First two races had wind but it filled in various places!  Gavin Willis won both and sat out the 3rd which was more a drift around.  Generally very close racing with place changes.

Results;
1st Gavin
2nd David Peacock
3rd - a local Frampton Sailor in Brians VINTAGE

Hope they let us back next year!

THG

n12 Bottom Banner