National 12 - find out more...

N2464 Happy Landing

Started by National 12 Webmaster, 28 Jul 2007, 10:12

« previous - next »

National 12 Webmaster

The life of N2464 Happy Landing. Design: China Doll, designed by: Phil Morrison in 1967

Crow

Given to my scout group. Most varnish had been stripped off the outside of the hull and then given a thick coat of white emulsion. The deck had been sanded too hard in places. I have given the hull a severe sand and have varnishede it , there are still the odd signs of paint but she looks fantastic from 10' !
I have got to refit all hardware.
We need a set of sails as the previous owner for some reason will not let us have them, this is the hardest part as funds are severely lacking

Crow

We are very greatful to have recieved a set of sails. I will post a picture at some point in the future.

ken goddard

This boat was in the Trent Valley fleet in the mid-1990's and sailed quite well at Vintage Wing meetings. I will try to find more details.
Ken Goddard (N.2300) 

malcolmcjames

Happy Landing was Charles & Betty Birkin's 12 at Burton SC when I joined in 1972. She was varnished throughout back then and always looked immaculate. I think that W&C must have built the boat for them. Sailed her a couple of times at Branston and always a match for my 'Doll N2606. Not sure where she went after 1979 when the club moved up to Foremark Resv?

edwillett

Looking for a home on Social Media, October 2020, by Warsash Sea Scouts.

Ridge Boats

I currently have N2464 awaiting a new foredeck and a some varnish , This may happen this winter .

n12 Bottom Banner