National 12 - find out more...

North West Norfolk Week

Started by paul turner, 21 Jun 2007, 11:19

« previous - next »

paul turner

I know that NWNW clashes with the Burton (Saturday 28th July to Saturday 4th August) but who (apart from me) is chickening out and going east to enjoy the four "S"s of the Norfolk ? 8)

Paul TVSC N3157/2487/2020 (but not N3500!)

PS 4"S"s = sand, sea, sun and sailing?

philipcosson

OK - i'll bite.

Have you sold Crazy Diamond then?

Phil
Philip<br />ex N3367, ex N3253

icecreamman

I would hardly call it chickening out having to get up at silly o'clock in the morning to sail on the top of the tides at Norfolk, but that is another matter. The Pie Boys will be in their summer residence along with the small pie kids, cousins and other hangers on who want a cup of tea. No doubt we shall of course be next door to Paul Pelling as usual, and if we are not I shall be most upset, as will Joe who is looking forward to talking to their dog again.
I know that on the telly recently Coast examined the different types of sand for making sandcastles and Torquay came out on top, but Joe, Ellie and Lib can definitely recommend the sand at Hunstanton.

8)

Barry

Yes but not in a N12 - so a more relaxing Monday for me!

A pint and bacon butty in Wells SC at 10:30am having finished your sailing for the day - magic!

icecreamman

Barry, do not forget that due to Brancaster pulling out of the week, we have the first three days at Sunny Hunny

Ian and Alex (Guest)

I can confirm that we will be there, as will Gerry Ledger and a number of Up River 12's including Penny and Ben Harris, Tim and Amanda Harris and Marcus Ingram. Sad to say that the Pelling's wont be there as they are doing Burton Week, but I understand that Stevie Sallis will. Other boats include Steve LeGrys, The Copseys (I think), Peter Miatt and Lesley, Patrick...

Can't wait!!

Ian and Alex
N3441 Tabitha

Roly Mo

Roll on those Pies (and the beer!!).  Managing to squeeze 3 days at Hunny, plus the Jenny Lee, into 1 day of annual leave - magic!

Roly Mo

icecreamman

Looks like the usual crew who are used to getting up early in the mornings. For anyone who has not done Norfolk I can give it the thumbs up, both from the sailing point of view (we made it onto national telly last year thanks to the tornado), the social side and the general holiday aspect. Admittedly it is not as nailed on as Burton Week, but it is as much fun, just ask anyone who has been.....they do not have to sail a 12 but they will tell you how good it is.
 :D

Antony

I can vouch for those sentiments, it is an excellent week and one that the Gifford family fully intend to participate in again in the future.  

Downside:  It can feel a bit early.
Upside:  All day with the rest of the family in one of my favourite parts of the UK coastline.

Antony

paul turner

Wow! So the score so far (and I'm not good at maths) looks like 10ish already! Can we persaude more to join us?

And yes Phil I have sold N3500 to hopefully a much faster home; my place is clearly in the vintage fleet (although I have acquired MicroClipper for NWNW).

And there is more hot news about...........................to follow........... :o

THG

Paul - 'Yellow Peril' will of course be disappointed in not having close calls with Crazy D - hope the new owner is not too fast for us  :D

Kean & the boys
THG

Barry

Last year was my 1st and a great time (missed Hunstanton though!).

Even at the back in a N12 last year it was fun. We'll be easy to spot this year in the pink Lark - just look behind you!

I might try an cadge a go in a DB N12 at NWNW with my son - they looked absolutely sensational at RHYC - what an advert for the class! - the acceleration in puffy conditions is awesome (as you young people say) - and upwind - point or what!

If only I was lighter and richer..............

icecreamman

Paul your comments about numbers and maths is good coming from a bean counter. I trust the accounts for Evolution are all above board and correct!

:o

paul turner

Greetings NWNW sailors - Adrian Tebbut tells that only 4 N12 have entered so far (plus me who hasn't entered yet coz I didn't know what boat I would have to sail in!). Come on chaps, get those entry forms in! lolP

PS Will reply to Ice Cream Man next week with some very interesting news................ ;)

Roly Mo

Pie Boy HQ booked (Chalet C2 here we come), Roly Mo entered, motorhome booked on to Sandringham campsite along with the other half of the Pie Boy team and his entourage.   Ellie has purchased a new bikini and is planning all sorts of fun with Lib and Joe and working out how best to introduce Ben to the delights of the beach at Hunny.  RM himself has one of those 'Buff' things to keep the sun off the ever increasing bald patch whilst  Mrs RM has a good thick book to read and has tracked down the sand encrusted bottle of suncream from last year - now all we need is the sunshine! 8)

Get those entries in!

Team Roly Mo

n12 Bottom Banner