National 12 - find out more...

Burton Week 2007 - details?

Started by Jimbo41, 30 May 2007, 09:57

« previous - next »

Jimbo41

Hi!
Rick's link about Burton Week 2008 has prompted me to ask whether there is any further info. about Burton Week 2007 apart from the link giving a pdf registration form. It would be good to have a bit more logistical info. for example, on whom to contact if one were to want to park the boat in a "safe area" earlier esp. for those who are travelling a long way. Anything finalised yet?

Cheers!

Jim.

Jimbo41

Antony

Jimbo41

Antony

More to come, but I can confirm that Mark Rushall will be there to do some training again.

In addition we will have our two top sailmakers, Tom Stewart of P&B and Kevan Bloor of Alverbanks, in attendence with plenty of advice and help with tuning.

I think that one thing people do not appreciate is that Burton Wk is not just for experts to fight it out for the big prizes.  The fact that it is spread over a week means that theere is plenty of time to get help with your set up, advice on how to sail the boat, and time in the boat to practice with what you pick up on shore.  This means that in some ways it is the best place for an intermediate level 12 sailor to come to improve.

See you all there!  More details shortly........

If you are coming but have not yet entered can you either:
1.  Enter or,
2.  Drop me an email so that we can plan with more accurate numbers.

Antony
Chairman, NTOA

Antony

Mark Rushall has now been confirmed for Monday, with a morning briefing and an evening de-briefing planned.

More details to come shortly, feel free to send Janet your entry form........

Antony

Antony

On one evening when we get ashore there will be a sponsered barrel of beer, and on the Burton Cup day there will be the now traditional Pimms.  If anybody wants to get a consortium together to sponsor another night then let me know .............

Antony

James Taylor

Antony

Is there any news on Car parking at the club for the week ?

Can't wait Burton Week is coming !!!!
 ;D ;D
James
N3402
N3304 (Up for Sale)

Antony

James,
Sadly we are not making any progress with the car park, basically it is there if you want to use it but we cannot negotiate a group discount.

Antony

Antony

News on Sponsorship:

Fotoboat have joined our list of sponsors for the event, agreeing to sponsor the Canter Trophy (over 40s).
Aardvark are our sponsor for the Corrigan Cup, for under 21s.

Our other loyal sponsors, Gill, P&B and Alverbank/Evolution will be there too, more details from them to come.

Antony
Chairman, NTOA

Antony

More news!!

I think I have procured some more beer!!  This week is shaping up to involve a lot of cheap or free booze......

I am reliably informed that there is still accomdation available within a walk of the club.  I suspect that this recent wet weather is ruining the UK holiday industry, just before it clears up and gets sunny for Burton Wk.

Antony
Chairman, NTOA

rick perkins

How many entries are there now?
regards,

Rick

N12 3490

Wedding Invitations
Contemporary W

Antony

Rick,
Good question, the current number is about 40, but that could drop by about 2 or rise by about 5!  Either way it is disappointing that we have not managed to improve on last year.  This lower than hoped entry is  probably accounted for in the main by the couple of regulars that are doing NWNW instead, and the fact that I am only aware of 2 new boats built this year that will be there whereas I know of 5 that are in build for delivery later this year.

If those of you that are definitely coming could, at the very least, please email me or Janet to confirm then it would make our lives a bit easier.  We know some of you have accomodation booked! The prizes are being ordered on Friday!

Antony

Antony

Anybody that wants access to leave a boat at Brixham YC before the 28th please send me an email and I will provide details of the contact at BYC.  The basic answer seems to be that if you turn up with a 12 in the preceding week and the caterer is there they will have a key to the compound you can put the boat in.

If you are very kean, and a student (?) with the time then one or two people might be out sailing a day or two before the event.  There will be no safety cover but the club seem to have no problem with people going out.

Antony

n12 Bottom Banner