National 12 - find out more...

Enterprise Convert

Started by Alistair Edwards, 10 Oct 2007, 04:27

« previous - next »

Alistair Edwards

Thought you guys would  be encouraged to hear of an Enterprise sailor who is planning to convert to the National 12 class. I have been sailing Enterprises for 4 years now so hopefully I am ready to handle a more lively class.

I am hoping to buy a N12 (A/C) in the near future. I have been studying the excellent N12 Technique guide, but despite this I suspect that my first attempt at helming a 12 will be 'interesting'.

Once I get a boat there will be 4 active N12s in the Twickenham fleet so I should get some reasonable class racing.

I am expecting a few more swims than usual. I will be 'learning the ropes' during the Winter series so it's a good job I have a dry suit!

My current crew is very excited about switching into 12s. We have a combined weight of around 23 stone (and a combined age of 93) so I suspect that we may be a bit on the slow side!
N3517 Carbon Paw Print (Big Issue 2)
N2903 Maxim (Paper Dart)
Previously N3143 Catatonic (Tigress)

Martin

Welcome to the wonderful world of Nat 12's.  Sure you will get loads of useful advice here
 :)

Jeremy C

it happens to all of us, I am also a recent twelve convert, having bought my first twelve back in April. Absolutely loving sailing her, just wish I could get out on the circuit more.

If you fancy coming and playing with other twelves over the winter I have organised a winter series for them at BSC and it could be a geat way for you to get up to speed on the tuning and sailing methods- see winter series at burghfield thread for more details.

Trick Cyclist-3444<br />In the pink-3408<br />Kifi-2431- under restoration<br />Flying Saucer 1277 (joint owner)<br />and now Bart 3455 too (sigh!)

JohnKn

Youngsters! We have a combined age of 126 (174 if you add the boat).

JohnK
JohnKn
N1662

DavidW

Don't let the 23 st worry you too much - we've won the Tickenham open meeeting a few times with that sort of weight.

Good attitude - expect a few swims and learn by them!

Welcome to the Class - you'll have great fun.

Cheers

David Wilkins
3481 Cooked to Perfection

n12 Bottom Banner