National 12 - find out more...

Proud new owner

Started by Alistair Edwards, 14 Oct 2007, 06:36

« previous - next »

Alistair Edwards

Well my boat hunt didn't take long. I bought N3143 Catatonic from Matt Stiles today. She is a very pretty Tigress.

Inspired by watching the 12s at the Twickenham Open I took a look at this website and saw that a boat had just been put up for sale in Kingston. Matt kindly agreed to bring the boat over to Twickenham for me to test sail.

Matt took me out and familiarised me with the various bits of string (loads more than on my old Enterprise). I then went out for a sail on my own in very light winds.This morning I sailed my Enterprise in a race for the last time (sob) before Matt arrived with Catatonic. I t was interesting comparing the sailing experience in the 2 boats. The 12 is much more comfortable than the Ent (no bench seats to bash your shins on) and seems to glide along even when there is virtually no breeze.

I discovered yesterday that Catatonic was based at Twickenham up until a few years ago. I just hope she remembers how to go fast on the Twickenham 'racetrack'.

I have one or two minor things to fix but basically I am the proud owner of a lovely National 12.
N3517 Carbon Paw Print (Big Issue 2)
N2903 Maxim (Paper Dart)
Previously N3143 Catatonic (Tigress)

DavidW

Welcome to the Class - you've got a good boat there.

No videos from you for next year's open then?

Cheers
David Wilkins
3481 Cooked to Perfection

Alistair Edwards

I think I have been really lucky with the purchase. I just happened to spot Catatonic on the for sale list when I first visited this website.

Youtube footage from the next Twickenham Open? I suppose I could get the crew to shoot some on board video!
N3517 Carbon Paw Print (Big Issue 2)
N2903 Maxim (Paper Dart)
Previously N3143 Catatonic (Tigress)

n12 Bottom Banner