National 12 - find out more...

Mast wanted

Started by angus, 08 Dec 2007, 11:21

« previous - next »

angus

I am on the hunt for a mast to fit a crusader and possibly a boom, or failing that if some body has a rig and looking for a boat to fit it to?
I am not in a position to be fussy so anything considered but it is unlikely I can aford a carbon one unless it is one of those fancy chadwick folding type! ::)
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

Howard Chadwick (Guest)

Chadwick folding type eh??!!!  

I still have the two halves if you have any glue but it will only go to the deck even then so I guess I will have to make a carbon boom for my vintage out of it which would free up an ali one for a crusader I suppose?  
Do bear in mind though that Yorkshire folk do like to make a profit even out of Scots folk!
 ::) :)

grebesailor (Guest)

I have an (almost) unused Kappa I would love to get out of my shed. Shrouds from a raking rig set up, all fittings, limited swing spreaders, etc. Originally out of a chapter.

Not a bad mast.

E-mail me if you would like to discuss, or respond through this forum.

Giles
N3319

greight expectations

Ah Howard

Just to prove that a Yorkshireman is a Scotsman with the charity taken out!

Roger  ;)

( I've always admired the folding mast- from a distance!)

icecreamman

Watch out for Paul Turner turning up with some fantastic offer with the caveat that the position of accountant will trump anything as Chadders said at Ripon earlier on this year.

:D

paul turner

What did Chadders actually say about trumping accountants?! Accountants' positions - a variation on missionary? And NO offer - coz I've got a broken carbon mast ex a Merlin accident to make a few carbon booms from -  for Microclipper!  :P I can't believe that Chadders, as guardian of the vintage fleet, is being seduced by the dark (Kitching/Carbon) side! :o

HowardC (Guest)

Just to say-
1  Any remarks about accountants were purely in jest after all my little brother is one!
2  Would I, as vintage section looker after person dare to use carbon?  
         (You must have missed it last year Paul!)
3  My mum always told me that mast debating in public is rude.
4  Glad ot see that Angus has at least one serious offer of a mast and if you want an ali boom to go with it Angus let me know and I may be able to find one in the garage roof.
cheers
Howard C  aka Chadders  ;D

greight expectations

Paul

Accountants' positions - a variation on missionary?

I always believed this to be a lay persons misconception about rollover relief,

Roger

paul turner

Dear "greight expectations",

For the sake of the sanity (or otherwise) of all those N12 sailors out there, we really don't want to get into a frenzy of accountants jokes! Trust me on this! :'(

P aka Baffled of Breaston ??)

angus

Thanks for all the comments both use ful and less useful, you can always rely on a yorkshire person to tell you howard it is unless they have somthing better to do.
I am now sorted for a mast and i am thinking of going own the carbon route for a boom but if I run out of funds I will give you a call howard, but I will bare in mind that famous yorkshire war cry "I've you want out for nout do it for thy sen".
And Paul don't they say theres lies dammed lies and accountancy. 8) ;D

paul turner

Angus - I think the quote relates to lies and statistics, but obviously you have not met many lawyers! But hey, I love solicitors,  they make accountants look cheap and efficient! Glad you got a mast, by the way! P

Grebesailor

Don't forget actuaries

Apparently the difference between the three is their attitude to infidelity.

Solicitors prefer staying faithful to their wives, to avoid alimony.

Accountants prefer maintaining mistresses, as this enables them to make the expenses tax deductible.

Actuaries maintain wives and mistresses, as when not woth the wife, she thinks he's with the mistress, and vice versa. This enables them to spend twice as much time in the office.

paul turner

Apparently an actuary is someone who finds accountancy too exciting!

angus

I thought an actually wasn't sure if he has a street or a road or weather he existed a tall ( I'm not sure if you get female actuallys)
I'm away back to my bottle :-/(stupid)(stars)(stars)

greight expectations

did you hear about the actuary who moved to Israel?  He went as he considered the probability of the second coming (of the Messiah) was better there.

My friend Steve is an actuary,  he says there are three kinds of actuary;  those that can count and those that can't!

Roger

n12 Bottom Banner