National 12 - find out more...

Can anybody help with a sliding gooseneck?

Started by Tim Gatti, 24 Feb 2008, 11:30

« previous - next »

Tim Gatti

I now have a vintage Gold Proctor C section for N2255 (thanks Kean)
Unfortunately, it's lost its sliding gooseneck. 

It used to fit in the 7/16" (15mm) wide slot below the luff groove, but a previous owner appears to have levered it out (not Kean!)
Can anyone help with this rare item? The width of the backplate needs to be 3/4" (19mm)
Thanks. 
Tim.

tom lee

Tim,
I might have one lying around (I cant remember if I kept it or not). will have a look when I get home.
You can still buy them but they are expensive:
http://shop.ldcracingsailboats.co.uk/index.asp?selection=detailed&uid=9095&itemtitle=Sliding%20Gooseneck
Tom
Tom<br />N3545

icecreamman

Try a quick word with the Water Mole aka Roly Mo. He has at the minute an old Proctor mast for Xanthus. I do not know if he has any spares that came with it, but it is a good place to start. Another couple of places to try Tim are Chadders, I am sure that either he or Bill will have something like this lying round in the back of their garages. Another port of call is Brian Miatt as he has all sorts of useful junk hiding in his garages.
Good hunting

Chadders

7/16ths or 15mm?? are not the same size unless its changed since I had a proper job?!  I will search throught he Donald boxes etc and report back.
PS Is icecream man trying to suggest we older sailors horde things do you think?

Tim Gatti

Thanks Howard.  And you are quite correct - it was a typo and should have been 9/16ths (just under 5/8ths) which I approximated to 15mm for those who prefer to work in 1000ths of a metre.  Tim 

icecreamman

just been checking the Merlins web site and it would appear that someone is selling a gooseneck fitting there as well. dunno if it is sliding or not, but have a looke Tim

Jimbo41

Quote from: 97just been checking the Merlins web site 

How dare you!!!!:P

Tim Gatti

Thanks to all respondents so far - yes they are like gold-dust it would seem.
Waiting to hear back from the Merlin sailor and Brian Herring might have something workable which he's bringing down to the Dinghy Show on Saturday.
If anyone has got a 125mm Harken muscle box they would like to part with for a cash donation, I can meet them at the N12 stand on Saturday. Just call me to arrange a rendezvous (07790 615800). Thanks. Tim

Tim Gatti

Hey, careful what you say about Merlin sailors - he also sails a 12 so is not past redemption. although the fitting he was advertising won't fit my wide track so no joy there.  It's all down to the contents of Brian Herring's treasure chest!

Tim Gatti

A happy ending - I'm very pleased to say that John Hugo presented me with just the item I needed at the Dinghy Exhibition. Thanks John
Tim

n12 Bottom Banner