National 12 - find out more...

N2954 Kaon

Started by National 12 Webmaster, 03 Mar 2007, 06:37

« previous - next »

National 12 Webmaster

The life of N2954 Kaon.  Design: Pipedream, designed by: Robert Peebles in 1976
Previous boat names: Tobacco Road, Amphion.

chopper

Just got home to Mersea after collecting Kaon from Hampshire.
will get to work on her this week I intend to sail Her over winter inland Giving me time to Give Gillespie some new clothes ready for next year.

chopper

after a couple of weeks tinkering on and off kaon is back on the water.
took her out yesterday seems to go well.

Tim Gatti

Hi Paul - any photos available? I'm sure we'd all like to see how she looks...

chopper

Latest on Kaon just stripped decks to bare wood stuck down the panels that were coming loose (thank heavens for Wests and a heater.
Decks now to be painted Bright Yellow ( yes I know its not varnish but decks are still useable just no longer pretty)
at the same time gonna try and loose some weight this week by cutting down transom and taking some chunks out of where ever I can get away with it.

Then hopefully renamed SHARK INFESTED CUSTARD.

Then I can get on with giving GILLESPIE some much needed TLC

Tim Gatti

Chopper by name - Chopper by nature you might say!

chopper

Chopped the transom down this evening to give a much more modern look and took off 1/2 kilo.
yes indeed Tim Chopper by name Chopper by nature LOL but dont worry im not doing it to Gillespie

chopper

Shes coming along now decided to leave the foredeck varnished and painting side decks.
hopefully get top coat on tommorrow.

chopper

chopper

chopper

chopper

chopper

chopper

Here are the pics of what ive done to poor old Kaon in a mission of modernisation hopefully will take to upriver open next week for first outing while Gillespie gets TLC

chopper

Ok all done now finished dangly pole just got to get it out on the water and see how well it goes tunned it up to a fashion (no real numbers to go on mast rake about 270 best i can get at moment)
ready for next project quite fancy a daggerboard boat if anyone has one up for grabs when Gillespie comes out of garage ill be ready for next project.

n12 Bottom Banner