National 12 - find out more...

Hykeham open event

Started by Iain Ritchie (Guest), 01 Jun 2008, 07:06

« previous - next »

Iain Ritchie (Guest)

Heres a small selection of pictures from the Hykeham Gill event!

Piccies!
Thanks to all those who turned up, its been a pleasure!

John Meadowcroft

Great photos.  Thanks to all those members of Hykeham who provided a memorable weekend.  A lot of fun had by all.
John
N3515

Jimbo41

Nice views of North Lincolnshire. Wish I'd got over to that side as a Lincolnshire lad (Boston born and Spilsby bred). I had to make do with Dad taking me to Covenham reservoir near Louth. It was quite good for wind but the concrete sides for "miles" used to get a bit boring at times.
Cheers! Jim.

THG

Thanks again to Hykeham and all those involved in making it a great event - made trip worth while.  Jelly bean olympics was a highlight - having fun events for crews helps them to bond abd have good fun.  Maybe we need a crews union for the youngsters witrh maybe some simple training programmes thrown in too - I know I'd benefit ;D
THG
Borrowed N3415 (3490 sails)
THG

Bob1

Thank you everyone - I had a great weekend...... a lot of hard work by some dedicated people.
From the front end of 'The Cat in the Hat' N3529

Chadders

Fantastic weekend and the organisation was spot on as was the company!  The work that went into organising it all must have been tremendous and it showed, if you werent 90 miles away I would think about joining.  Thanks to Hykeham and all involved I look forward to visiting again.  Steve was also a star doing all the results and suppying half the fleet with crews as well, my Sunday crew Kate was excellent.  Thank you all.  Howard C

Tim Gatti

Fantastic weekend - thank you Hykeham SC! TG

JonathanReubin

Well done to all at Hykeham and many thanks for lending me Robin Jones. An excellent and knowledgable crew who shoulkd go far!  And Steve, a big thank you for looking after Cygnet 'til the Naburn Paddle meeting.  This has saved me so much time.  Feel free to have a sail in her!  Thanks.

Roly Mo

What a wonderful weekend!  Thanks to everyone at Hykeham who made it so much fun, and to everyone in the 12 fleet who turned up and supported it, on the water or on the shore.   We had a very tired small crew on the way home - asleep within 10 minutes of leaving and slept all the way home, but all she's talked about since is the next time she's sailing the 12, so that's good!
RM and Co

jerry garner (Guest)

We would like to add our thanks to Hykeham Sailing club for an excellent weekend (although the wind or lack of it did try my temper at times!).  Well worth the 300 mile round trip.  A very friendly and hospitable club.
Jerry & Margaret N3665

Ian Norman

Fantastic weekend.  Thanks to everyone for making us welcome with our Tigress 'Zarniwoop'.  Good weekend with my children all smiles.  Louis crewed on Sat and Nicole on Sun.  Both loved it.
Cheers and thanks
Ian and Louis + Nicole
Zarniwoop - N3107

gareth (Guest)

Hi all,
Thanks for a great weekend at Hykeham, a great intro to 12 events. Will join you all again for Burton week and haven't ruled out Harwich either.
Would it be really rude to ask for a correction to the write up report I think we were first AC boat (3162), Chris and Sophie picked up a prize for Bristol AC.
Cheers
Gareth

angus

Yes My thanks to everybody involved with organising it, we had a great time well worth the 650 mile round trip, got home at 10.30 so well glad there wasn't another race on Sunday. Just a shame the biggest pudding was the nut on the tiller of Killer Custard.:D
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

Steve (Guest)

Did anyone leave any of the following items in the clubhouse after the Hykeham SC open meeting last weekend:
Gill Sailing gloves - black neoprene full finger
Gill Sailing gloves - blue cut off fingers
Blue Crewsaver fleece (found in Ladies changing room)
Green sweatshirt (large)
Blue sweatshirt - Norfolk Wherry trust.
If anyone recognises any of these as belonging to them let me know and I will try to get them back to you.

Regards,

Steve
N3436

Chadders

When I opened my bag this weekend I found a very well used Gill spray top size medium colour blue and cream.  This can only have come from Hykeham so apologies to anyone who has lost it!!  Let me know who you are and I will post it back to you.
Howard Chadwick aka Chadders. Nvarious

n12 Bottom Banner