National 12 - find out more...

Vintage 12s at Burton Week

Started by Tim Gatti, 21 Jun 2008, 05:22

« previous - next »

Tim Gatti

After much listening to current debates about the Class, deep thought and tricky family negotiations(!) I have taken the plunge and decided to take one of my Vintage 12s to Burton Week - either the Mk12 or possibly even N341 my Uffa King.
My 15 yr old son is going to crew for me and we are really looking forward to a week of sea-sailing as a change from the usual fare of lakes, reservoirs and rivers.
Now the big question - are any of you out there with vintage boats going to join me and dare to be different in Teignmouth this year? Tim

mutt

yipes - I hope you don't beat me over the water.
Matt
N3486

Tim Gatti

Oh dear - does this mean Seb and I will be on our own?
Have the efforts of the committee to broaden the appeal of Burton Week fallen on stoney ground?
Hope someone will be there to keep me company at the back as the plastic fantastics disappear over horizon!
Tim

angus

I'd keep you company Tim except my crew is back at school, oh and I don't have a vintage boat either!
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

Tim Gatti

That's very kind of you Angus, I've heard some lame excuses but no crew and no boat ?!! I thought you Scots were supposed to be resourceful folks.
Be assured I'll be covering you (in spirit) all the way up the final beat!  Cheers  Tim

angus

Boatcould be sorted, but school terms cann't:o
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

Richard

Tim I might be able to make The Burton Cup race, with Mr.Jones but I will have to try and get the time off work.
N2399

Tim Gatti

Hi Richard - hope you can make it. It would be good to see Mr Jones on the water.  Has (s)he got a new rig and sails?

Richard

Tim, No the same old mast but will use a secondhand suit of Morrisons as I am wanting to sell the Ullmans. To help finance a new suit for next year.

n12 Bottom Banner