National 12 - find out more...

Coaching at Spinnaker Saturday 15/9/07

Started by Phil Brown, 14 Sep 2007, 03:28

« previous - next »

Phil Brown

Just to confirm that it's on

Please be there at 9:30 (when the kettle goes on) to be changed and rigged ready to sail by 10:30

No catering tomorrow I'm afraid so bring your own butties and it looks like you'll need the sun cream as well!

See you tomorrow

(sunny)
<br />Phil Brown<br /><br />N 3518

THG

Phil - sorry won't be able to make it.  Just too much on here - had to deceide between Henley and training - Thorpe Bay too far too.

Hope it goes well.

THG
THG

tedcordall

Many thanks to Graham, Zoe and Phil for their time and effort on Saturday. Daisy and I got a lot out of the day (sunburn, sore bums, bruises etc), so now we have some idea of what we should be doing. Unfortunately Daisy now wants a zig zag paint job!

Alex

Same from us too.  Your time, effort and energy is greatly appreciated.  

Now, its up to us to remember things going forward. Lets see, the pointy bit of the boat is the front, right ?
Alex &amp; Josh

N3419 &nbsp; Gladys

tedcordall

A query. We discussed tiller extention lengths and 4ft was the norm. However my 'over long' tiller extention is 4ft! (and the short one I replaced is 3ft 4ins) So am I making it look long by being particularly gimpy or is my tiller longer than the norm. Could one of you with a 4ft extention measure your tiller length from the transom please. Thanks.

jammy dodger

Thought you might like to see a picture of our training day.
Graham, Steve Adshead and Phil Brown with Zoe in the foreground.
Great time, well done Phi, Graham and Zoe.
Simon

simonballantine (Guest)

[quote by=tedcordall link=Blah.cgi?b=Cool1,m=1189780124,s=4 date=1190051386]A query. We discussed tiller extention lengths and 4ft was the norm. However my 'over long' tiller extention is 4ft! (and the short one I replaced is 3ft 4ins) So am I making it look long by being particularly gimpy or is my tiller longer than the norm. Could one of you with a 4ft extention measure your tiller length from the transom please. Thanks.[/quote]

My D8 has a 3'6" tiller extension on a 2'1" tiller (measured to the transom).  This is as long as I would want it to be since it does tend to hit the crews back from time to time when we go about.  I can still get plenty far forward with this (tight up against the thwart) but I do sail with the tiller extension by my side, rather than across my front, so it may not need to be as long for my style.  

Boats vary in how far forward you have to sit.  I think you  sit slightly further forward in a Foolish than a D8 to stop dragging the transom, so a 4' extension is probably right for that boat.

tedcordall

Just to show that training does pay, Daisy and I romped home a minute ahead of the fleet in similar conditions to those at spinnaker on the training day.

Now all we need is a slightly heavier air training day, a medium wind training day, a slightly windy training day.......etc!

n12 Bottom Banner