National 12 - find out more...

N3356 Squidgy Bits

Started by National 12 Webmaster, 19 Feb 2008, 12:23

« previous - next »

National 12 Webmaster

The life of N3356 Squidgy Bits. Design: Design 8, designed by: Phil Morrison in 1987

Chadders

Squidgy Bits was first owned and sailed very succesfully by John Williams at Derwent Reservoir and Tynemouth. 
I bought her in January 2000 and owned her until early 2006 when I deserted her in favour of Radical Edward a double bottomed Big Issue.  I was soon to discover that with 23 stone upwards as an all up crew wheight and 60 year old knees a Big Issue is not as fast as a Design 8.  At this stage the then owner of Squidgy Bits (Paul Watson of Hykeham SC) let me know that he was thinking of moving up to a double bottomed boat.  Without further ado a deal was struck and and in June 2007 Squidgy Bits was back. She has been going well ever since and made an old sailor very happy!   Photo courtesy of Brian Herring and taken at Newburn on 17th feb 2008.

Chadders

Squidgy Bits at Annandale April 09 4th overall and first AC with no swims!

edwillett

Advertised for sale on social media October 2022. Located in Lancing the advert reads :
Morrison Design 8, built 1991. 
Glass hull with carbon mast and boom, spare alloy boom.  Over cover needs repair at the stern end hence price.  Road trailer and trolley. spare sails.  quick and great to race.  I am to big and my crew is far to big.  :-) Hope to find a good home for Squidgy Bits as a little bit of care and she will be back to her best

n12 Bottom Banner