National 12 - find out more...

2022 Vintage Champs & TVSC Open Meeting

Started by paul turner, 12 Oct 2021, 11:38

« previous - next »

paul turner

Greetings. An early date for your diaries - 14th & 15th May 2022 Vintage Champs at Trent Valley. Usual format with three race Derwent Handicap on the Saturday, evening social and Open Meeting on the Sunday. It would be helpful to have an early indication of interest; there will be vintage boats from the Turner Collection available to sail by competent(!) helms. Px

angus

Hi Paul, While May is a long way away I certainly hope to be there complete with a rejuvenated Reflection. I'll try not to leave so much stuff behind this time ::)
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

paul turner

Greetings. The Vintage Champs at Trent Valley on 14/15th May are not that far away now, Angus! Who is coming out to play? Graham Camm has already booked "Shotgun", Gerard Copsey "Mr Jones" (subject to dodgy legs), John Sears will be there with N1903 so who else is joining us (even if it's just to watch, eat drink and reminise? P  8)

paul turner

Greetings. Only 10 days to go and we only have seven entries for the Vintage Champs and the Sunday Open meeting at Trent Valley. Dust off that clinker yot that you have lurking in your garage/hiding in the dinghy park and sign up. We are welcoming any non-racers who just want to whiz round the bay/chat with other N12 sailors. The Sunday is an all comers standard open meeting. We are holding a Trent Valley rules skittles night on the Saturday evening (with food). So that we can organise catering, please let us if you are coming along even if just to watch and natter. RSVP paul@ryehillfarm.com

NTOACertification

The Vintage Championships and Open At TVSC  is approaching fast. Below are the programme details.

The timings for the weekend are:
Saturday: Vintage ONLY Derwent Handicap
  • First race scratch, 2nd and 3rd handicap/pursuit
  • 10:30 briefing
  • 11:00 First race
  • Lunch
  • Second and third races after lunch
  • Evening; Skittles Night with food
Sunday: Open meeting all N12s welcome
  • 10:30 briefing
  • 11:00 first race
  • Second race before lunch
  • After lunch: third race and prize giving & tea (possibly extra prize for Admirals Cup boats if 3 or more attend)

It would be most helpful for planning and catering if you e-mail Paul Turner Paul@ryehillfarm.com if you would like lunches and/or dinner.

Hope to see you there

NTOACertification

My Photos from the Vintage Champs at TVSC are on Flikr

I will be posting more as i sort them out.

Kevan

https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjzQhLi

n12 Bottom Banner