National 12 - find out more...

N3226 Not for the Boys

Started by National 12 Webmaster, 12 Mar 2007, 05:43

« previous - next »

National 12 Webmaster

The life of N3226 Not for the Boys.  Design: Crusader, designed by: Phil Morrison in 1981
Previous boat names: Toots, Tea Towel, Abracadabra, Force 4, Joyride.

Not for the boys

We have just acquired 3226 to sail together away from our sons (mirror & topper sailors) hence the name change, but how long it will last is anyone’s guess….
The boat has been at Pennine Sailing Club for the last few years and we will sail her as the lone N12 at this windy venue.
The boat is in good condition but has lots of bits to play with! Not like the laser and laser 2 were are used too.
Any tips for rig settings for a Crusader with Proctor and Alverbank sails would be welcome!

Martin

Good luck with the new toy.  It looks in nice condition.  The only advice I can give is sail it as it is and see how it goes. If you do need to change things do one at a time and evaluate in a range of conditions as it all gets a bit confusing.  I think there is some tuning advice on this site if you need it.
Give yourself plenty of time to get to grips with the boat.  They are a bit different to the Laser 2 and after that boat you will appreciate the light airs qualities guaranteed, been there done that!!!
Martin (from MWYC!):)

Jon M

I sailed this with Steve Tyler in the early 90s at Spinnaker, Salcombe week, llandudnoe nationals (think we came 10th that year) Paignton Nationals. Great baot and happy memories.

Not for the boys

A windy day and a good blast in the Pennines!

Not for the boys

Some more shots with a good nose dive!

Martin

Nice action shots. The water looks a bit low!

Chadders

Good to see her going so well, not moved that far she was built in Wrose Bradford by Donald Acklam and is a great boat, I sailed her at a Burton at Tynemouth with Ian Pickard many years ago.  Why not bring her out to some Northern Open meetings this year, we are a friendly bunch honest and the fixture list should be appearing on the web fairly soon now.  8)

Not for the boys

In for a quick fettle and 'de-bilge'.

Not for the boys

I have run out of crews so Not For The Boys has gone to a new home on the Wirral.

bellesoloyr

Give yourself plenty of time to get to grips with the boat.  They are a bit different to the Laser 2 and after that boat you will appreciate the light airs qualities guaranteed, been there done that!!!

n12 Bottom Banner