National 12 - find out more...

Solway YC 12/13th June and Burwain SC 19th June

Started by Carbonara, 31 May 2021, 07:52

« previous - next »

Carbonara

After many months with no open meeting we have two open meetings on successive weekends to look forward to here in the North.
I think we have six N12s likely to go to Solway. Three boats confirmed so far for Burwain. Visitors to Burwain are welcome to camp at the club if making a weekend of it. Any questions or info required about Burwain please contact me.
Personally I am have a flurry of National 12 sailing at Solway ,Burwain and Ullswater (doing the Lord Birkett in the 12) before moving over to live in Northern Ireland in mid July. I am hoping to get back for two weeks in August/September to go to Shoreham for the Burton and Northampton for 80th (no crews sorted yet though).
I will be living just a few miles from East Down Yacht Club so very handy for sailing.
Ian Purkiss tells me his Final Chapter has gone to Skerries YC so I won't be the only N12 owner in Ireland.
Cheers
Patrick Hamilton

3513SL

Hi All, 

For Solway, please see below message from Ian and Margaret:

First, delighted to hear several of you are already organised to come to Kippford to join the Solway N12 fleet in our Open, sailing for the prestigious Scottish Daily Express Trophy. Most of you know Kippford well but for those who haven't been before, do look at the Club's website, www.thesyc.co.uk

Please note that several Covid restrictions are still in force in Scotland, in particular the Clubhouse remains closed, apart from the toilets. You will need to come ready-changed for sailing or change in the carpark.

You must also enter in advance via the web collect page on the Solway YC website (link below). The Club must know in advance who is entered to ensure appropriate resources are in place. Regretably there can be no entering on the day.

If you need anything else, info, B&Bs, camping etc, do let me know. Lots of facilities now reopened locally so promises to be a great weekend. Depending on the weather and other factors, the Club is hoping to run an outdoor social of some kind on the Saturday evening.

Look forward to seeing you in Kippford,

Very best wishes,

Ian and Margaret

https://webcollect.org.uk/syc
N12 - 3198, 3513, 3551

IainMac

I will be at solway but had a clash of events so there with my moth and not DCB!

Hope to meet some of you there though

Iain

n12 Bottom Banner