National 12 - find out more...

Anyone recognise this 12?

Started by edwillett, 05 Mar 2015, 02:01

« previous - next »

edwillett

on ebay. Located Southampton. Transom stickers say "Weston Sailing Club" with mid 2000'd dates.....hull only for £99!

Antony (Guest)

Is it an 'Annies Apple' to the design by Dave Greening?  There were a couple home-built as I recall....
The trouble is that all the bits missing at new cost more than the end boat would be worth.  I guess if your hull was giving up the ghost but you had all the kit in decent nick then the cheap hull becomes a good option.
Antony

edwillett

Thanks Antony...think that identifies her as N3486 which was indeed based at Weston SC.....

STU W

Ed don't suppose you have a eBay number for it do you, just looked and can't find it. Could be interested in upgrading hull or even setting up two boats out of all the bits I have.
Cheers Stuart
12's are for life not just for christmas.

DavidYacht (Guest)

Was built by Matt Burroughs using my mould (constructed by Nigel Waller).  The design was at its best sailing sub 20 stone, and v. Good in light through to marginal planing conditions.  Always wondered how they would perform with a foiling rudder

smilie

It's shame to see it full stripped but might worth a go if can sort out all the bit's cheaply. 
But then I think More  a Tart than a Pudding is also in simpler state but with fittings at the mo, so might be a better option.
The futures bright the future is rivers and lakes

edwillett

STU W

What's it listed under, it's not national 12 or sailing dinghy. Can anybody help
kind regards
Stuart

STU W

edwillett

Now with a Buy-It-Now of £50!!!

smilie

wow it's a steel, looking at the photo's it's probably got almost £50 worth of fittings on it. 
It's a deal, it's a steel F**K it I might my it myself ;)
Look like 11 peeps have got there eye on it at the mo.
The futures bright the future is rivers and lakes

edwillett

is now relisted with Buy-It-Now for £10!!!!

STU W

Anybody live down that way who comes up to Harwich who could bring it up with them? Too far to justify travelling down but worth a punt if somebody is happy to do this for petrol money if coming this way anywhere. Please comment on here not on private message as e mail not working at all so won't get. Or give me a bell. Phone no in hand book
Stuart

edwillett

Hampshire to harwich is not very far...have you asked the seller if he could meet you half way? If he knows anyone who could put it on a roof rack? surely The N12 community can help relay it if needs be...you might want to make a few calls? Buy it then figure out the transport....
The N12 community relayed a paper dart and rig but no trailer/trolley all the way from Anglesey to Edinburgh for me for the price of fuel...so its more than do-able.

n12 Bottom Banner