National 12 - find out more...

Annandale

Started by angus, 29 May 2011, 04:38

« previous - next »

John Hugo

Looking forward to seeing you Ed .    There will be at least one resrve  crew if needed.
John Hugo

Chadders

All sounds brilliant to me and thanks again John for finding me an oppi sized crew to sail with, looks as though we may have a few vintage boats out too so I may have to bring Triarda.  Look forward to seeing you all at Annandale. 8)

edwillett

Thanks John
Looking forward to it....and may well need that crew!

Roly Mo

Just a quick reminder for anyone travelling over the A66 - it's Appleby Horse Fair time and there may be delays as a result.
RM

icecreamman

You will all be pleased to know that most of the horses and caravans will have gone as the main dates were last weekend (when we were travelling south from Scotland and forgot about it until too late) so if there is any trafic on the A66 it will all be travelling east. ??)

Lukepiewalker

Having been sat in a powerboat for the first two races, I can report some of the strangest conditions I have seen at ASC, Wind was ok for the first race, then swung 180 degrees in the middle, without dropping. There was the freezing rain and hailstones, before the wind dying during the second start sequence and commencing swinging round all over the place. It eventually filled in again just in time for the finish, I had to dash off sadly so I don't know anything about race three. The DCB proved fast enough in shifty inland wierdliness, and the vintage boats all looked lovely. I think there were 11 boats, but I may have miscounted. For the record, Ikea bags can be used as waterproof hats at the penalty of limited peripheral vision...

Lukepiewalker

Day two and the wind seemed a bit more settled for race three.
Until the leeward mark. At which point they found themselves reaching into the mark with the GP fleet heading straight for them having just started. I got some pictures on my mobile but I can't liberate them until tomorrow.

Chadders

Thank You!!!  To Annandale Sailing Club, the race team who did a superb job of sorting the almost impossible wind conditions, and everyone involved in organising such a wonderful weekend despite the hail storm especially the catering crew who kept us well fed throughout.  A great event, please can we come back again next year?  Howard (aka Chadders) 8)

Lukepiewalker

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64017570@N04/sets/72157626825065165/

Not much more than thumbnails I'm afraid, but everyone should be in there somewhere...
All taken during the first race on Sunday.

edwillett

Yes, a very enjoyable event and I'll second the big thankyou to all involved in making it happen. Today Im wondering why my legs are aching and more importantly why its been 16 years since I last sailed, which interestingly was the N12 Scottish in 1995! I shall try not to leave it that long again!

Lukepiewalker

n12 Bottom Banner