National 12 - find out more...

Annandale

Started by angus, 29 May 2011, 04:38

« previous - next »

angus

Just a wee reminder the next Gill event is at Annandale 11th 12th of June. It is also the Scottish Championships so plenty to play for. Not least the infamous Ladybird Book, though who ever wins it will have to prise it out of John Hugos grip, despite winning last year I have yet to see it, obviously John has found it so useful he doesn't want to let go of it.
All of you who have been to Annandale before won't need to be reminded of their wonderful hospitality but for any who havn't  Annandale is a very friend club who always go out of their way to make visiters welcome and put on a wonderful spread on Saturday night. For those of you from south of the border it might be your last chance to come to the Scottish championships with out needing your passport. ;D
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

Roly Mo

Team RM will be there with the Design 8, looking forward to it very much indeed.  Can we order light winds please as the small crew is booked for the weekend (she seems to think Annandale is the size of Lake Ontario and we are working hard to convince her otherwise!)
Mrs RM

Chadders

Team Squidgy/Triarda/Hoodoo/Barrow Boy/Goldcrest will be coming up or at least one of the boats and the helm will be coming up and sailing with my local crew and Solway guide Fiona.  If Fiona knows the Annandale pipe location as well as she knows the estuary at Kipford I may not break my rudder this year!  Looking forward to another great visit to Annandale.  8)

Lukepiewalker

If only there was a marker buoy on the end of it...:X

Chadders

But there is and I missed it so I was embarrassed as well as having to go back and mend my rudder.  Must clean my glasses before leaving the shore. 8)

Steve (Guest)

Jo & I are planning to come. Does anyone know what the race schedule is? I was looking for a NOR, but only this thread was on the link. Is camping allowed at the club? Mrs RM mentioned a nearby campsite and I did a search and found Halleaths and Kirk Loch, both fairly close, can anyone vouch for either? 

Regards,

Steve
N3531

angus

I have sent NOR to Graham to post. !st race saturday is at 1pm six races in all. It is not really room to camp at the club although the odd camper (some say very odd) manages to pitch a tent between the boats and there is always room for an RMV (Roly MO Vehicle). Being an odd camper I havn't tried out the campsites but I think Halleath is the one most use. John Hugo is the man to speak to. Look forward to seeing you there.
Oh the entrance fee includes the evening meal which is well worth going to
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

Tim Gatti

Sorry chaps - unable to be there this year - too far to travel from Oulton Broad as well as fuel being too expensive for my student budget!
Will really miss it - hope the gods of wind and weather smile on you all
Tim

John Hugo

Thanks Angus for passing on the NOR, and camping advice.   In past years it has been possible to pitch  small tents between the boats, but this year we expect a few more visiting GP14s and I hope more N12s, and it will be a very tight squeeze.   I have no direct experience of the camp sites, but I had a favourable report of Haleaths earlier this year.    The boat park and clubhouse will be open from Friday afternoon onwards.    ASC is looking forward to entertaining the National Twelves again.  
John Hugo,  N3475

Roly Mo

We have used Halleaths and found it good, I think Mark and Emma Simpson stayed at Kirk Loch last year. 
Mrs RM

The boys are planning a guest appearance in Otterzal and are hoping to stick a small tent in the club on Friday night. Let me know if they get carried away on the line ( They are Topper/Laser sailors - need I say more!!!!!)

Roly Mo

The child is pleased with this news.
Mrs RM

John Hugo

I don't know if it is the age of the young sailors that pleases Ellie, but I expect an optimist sailor to be crewing for Chadders.    I wonder if Brian Herring is coming, or will I be the oldest of the geriatrics?
 ASC members are busy preparing and looking forward to the week-end.    The local forecasts are for 9 or 10mph breezes and 18mph gusts on Saturday and Sunday, but current weather patterns make this rather uncertain.
John Hugo,  N3475

Roly Mo

Andrew Greenhalgh has just advised me of the following for the Saturday night meal:

Hopefully the Summer sun will shine and we'll be enjoying an alfresco supper.  There'll be barbecues, an extensive buffet and puddings. 
Anyone who has been to Annandale before will know that the evening meal is always a highlight and this year looks like being as good as ever. 
Mrs RM

edwillett

I can confirm Brian Herring is planning to be there....and I am coming down from Perthshire with N1833 and my brother is coming up from Wales with N3402; crews permitting we will all be on the water!

n12 Bottom Banner