National 12 - find out more...

Gill Series 2010 - Event 5 - Solway Yacht Club

Started by Charlotte Stewart, 12 Aug 2010, 10:25

« previous - next »

Charlotte Stewart

The fifth event in this year's Gill series will take place at Solway Yacht Club on 28 and 29 August.  There is a briefing at SYC at 12.00 hrs with the first start at 13.15.  Entry forms and NOR can be found on the Solway Yacht Club website at:

http://www.thesyc.co.uk/Files/2010%20Prog%20NORs%20etc/NOR%20N12.pdf

Further details on Solway, accommodation, the local area etc can also be found on the next event section of this site.
Margaret and Ian Purkis are holding a barbeque party on the Saturday evening to which N12 sailors are invited - bring a bottle (and some food?).

Ian has said that if anyone is having problems organising accommodation, please call him as he may be able to help sort something out.  Ian's number can be found in the information on our Next Event section of the website.
Ian and Solway YC would really appreciate an indication of who is intending to sail at Solway so could you either let Ian know or leave a post here please.  It should be great - sunshine and wind are both booked for the weekend.:)

Lukepiewalker

Eesh... I was planning to come down and poke some shiny boats but unfortunately I'm at a wedding in Perth that weekend. Harumph.

Roly Mo

andymck

The cat in the hat will be making an appearance

Andy
Andy Mck<br />3529

Chadders

Squidgy Bits will be making an appearance too.

GC

The Copsey family will be there with 3411 & 3280 

Roly Mo

With the other boats who have said they are coming it looks like being a record fleet for this event which is fantastic news!
RM

Sallis jnr

Sallis family will be there. 3436 and 3531
It's alright to dream.

Jerry G (Guest)

Crazy Diamond will be there.  
JerryG
N3500

Roly Mo

By my reckoning that is at least 14 boats.  Great news.
RM

Lukepiewalker

I'm feeling ever more likely to drop by for the Sunday...

angus

Rohan and Angus will be there, trying to break our jinx....we have yet to manage to finish a race at Solway!
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

andymck

Are there any spare crews?
Claire is unwell and cant come.
Place available in the front of the DCB
Andy
Andy Mck<br />3529

Lukepiewalker

Sadly it would appear I won't be able to make it on Sunday for an ogle of the shiny boats.
Have a good time everyone 8)

andymck

Thanks to Ian and all at Solway for putting on an excellent event. The crews that volunteered were also very welcome, and I hope given the smiles coming off the water that we have given a very positive experience of our small boats. The wind was up, but we all managed to get off the water with minimal damage, despite many swims.
Thanks again

Andy
Andy Mck<br />3529

n12 Bottom Banner