National 12 - find out more...

Up River Open 11th April -extended dates

Started by FuzzyDuck, 09 Mar 2010, 04:35

« previous - next »

FuzzyDuck

Because of the early Tide (1202) there will be 2 races back to back â€" 11.00 start down river, committee boat start. Allow 20min+ to get to start line depending on wind direction.
Breakfast: Bacon Rolls, Tea & Coffee will be available in the clubhouse from 8am
Lunch (with cakes) will be served approx. 2.30 (or directly after racing)
Prize giving:
As soon as possible after racing (approx. 3pm)
Results: 2 races, both to count

Warning: We are sharing this weekend with the 2 day Phantom meeting so we are extending an invite to any N12 sailors who wish to sail on the Saturday to come down and join the local 12 fleet in a 2 day event. Prizes will be awarded separately for this 2 day event. 4 races 3 to count.
Saturday:
2 races back to back - start time 10am from the Clubhouse line by the slipway.
Breakfast: Bacon Rolls, Tea & Coffee will be available in the clubhouse from 8am
Lunch (with cakes for the Phantom sailors) will be served approx. 2.30 (or directly after racing).
Saturday Evening:
Dinner will be served in the clubhouse from 5pm.
Bar will be open from Lunchtime till late. Entertainment will be an infamous Up River YC Race Night. We need help to keep the Phantom sailors in their place.
Camping is available on site if you haven’t got a friend nearby, please let me know if you intend to come for the 2 days.

Simon Hopkins
aka Simon Hopkins<br />3252 Silent Running<br />Ex 3230, 3413, 3470, 3236

FuzzyDuck

Boing to the top
Entry fee is £5 for the Open on Sunday or £10 for the weekend.
Hope to see some of you there
Simon
PS, actualy raced yesterday, first time since the "thumb' incident and first time in 3236!

FuzzyDuck

To help us would people who intend to come drop me a line so we can work out the logistics. So far we have a huge amount of Phantoms and are going to be outnumbered in the Bar!
Simon

Jane Wade

HI Simon
Kevin and I will be racing on Sunday and Dave is threatening to turn up as well.
Jane
Crew of N3527 Snagglepuss

chopper

with a little luck we will be there Gillespie needs some varnishing doing so unless its extra warm this week It wont be done.
So I will be bringing kaon a pipe dream if I can finish off the last few bits and hoping for very light winds lol

regards Paul

FuzzyDuck

Fantastic Day at Up River today. A mist on the water at first, which the sun burnt off and the wind arrived just in time.
And the forcast for Sunday...more sun and more wind, perfect.
Hope you are coming, if not your loss.
Simon

Kevin

Two fantastic days at Up River; more challenging today than yesterday. Well done to Simon and the team for organising a great event, just a shame the turnout was poor!

Kevin

n12 Bottom Banner