National 12 - find out more...

Annandale

Started by angus, 30 Mar 2010, 02:50

« previous - next »

angus

Yes its that time of year again, the first of the Scottish travellers is nearly here 17th 18th April, All of you who have been before will not need reminding of what a brilliant event this is with excellent sailing and a truely amazing social on the Saturday night with copious amounts of wine included in the cost (I have tried to drink them dry but never succeded).
For those of you planning on coming up from the deep south to the Gill event at Solway in August this will be the nearest event to you if you want to qualify for the Scottish travellers (only 2 events required).

There is a slight complication in that we had requested 5 races 2 on saturday and 3 on sunday with 3 to count so those who could not make the whole weekend could come on Sunday and still qualify. However as we are sharing the weekend with GP14s (and there tend to be more of them) Annandale propose to run four races on saurday and 3 on sunday.
I am suggesting that we disregard the first 2 races on Saturday unless no sailing is possible on Sunday to still allow this to happen, but I would like to know how people feel about this. I would also like to get some idea of how many people are planning on coming and particularly important those who wish to come for Sunday only (althpough you are missing a brilliant social, its the only time I can hold my own with the moles and aardvarks) so let me know either through this thread or at angus3 at tesco dot net

Maybe I should remind you that this is a Northern traveller as well, so those of you who were at Blaydon will be half way towards qualify for both Northern and Scottish series after this event.
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

Chadders

Hi Angus  Sadly I can only make the Sunday due to invading Normandy and the landing beaches with our grandson after Easter.  We will be up for the Sunday given half way decent weather and hoping to qualify with Squidgy Bits.  It is indeed a great social at Annandale and we will be sorry to miss it this year but needs must on this occasion.  Not sure if we would travel that far if we are unable to qualify though.

Roly Mo

Should be there all weekend crew permitting. Agree with your suggestion on qualification Angus.
B

Tim Gatti

Hi Angus - planning to be there for Sat and Sun.  More than happy to go with your suggestion of two races on Sat & 3 on Sun.
What time would the first start be on the Saturday be please?
Tim

angus

Hi Tim I have sent NOR to Graham to post on the website, but first warning signal is set for 1pm saturday, although we are planning not to count the first 2 races on Saturday, I would recommend people who are coming on Saturday sail them incase for any reason sailing can't take place on Sunday, then we can count all 4 on Saturday, seems rather bizar I know.

Lukepiewalker

I blame the race officer who black flagged the GPs last year....:X

duncan (Guest)

Luke, some of the GPs were trying to start with the 12s, as the year before :o  Have mentioned to our club lads who will be there to start at the right time :P
Should be there with 3414, but will need to ask John if there are any crews available, unless anyone has a spare one lying around to lend me.  If not will retaliate by going in the front of a GP, now's your chance to keep me away from the "dark side"   Duncan

angus

There has been a slight change in plan, Annandale are now planning on running 3 races on each day with the first race on Saturday being a practice race with 3 out of the remaining 5 to count. first warning signal is still to be 1 p.m. The NOR will be alter to show this.

edwillett

Not sure if WaterNymph will be ready or not - coming along well though. Will pop down and say hello if still boatless.

Chadders

Looks good to me crew Helen has confirmed she is available too so we will be heading North for the Sunday to give Angus chance to pass us on a beat as he once did, but of course the entire fleet may have heard him mention that already!

Lukepiewalker

I mya have to drop by and say hello meself.

John Hugo

I will be there on Saturday and Sunday, of course, but after last year's event I don't know how many races I will actually finish.
John

angus

Come on john, you have a reputation to uphold, just starting one would be an improvement on last year.
Don't worry Chadders, I'm like lightening, never strike twice in the same place, although you may have heard I did beat another AC boat a while back, although that may have had more to do with the crew.;D

angus

Just a week away now and it doesn't seem as if a lot of people are coming. I might remind you that this is a northern event as well, and part of the border trophy, you never know I might do more submarine impressions and there is always johns impaculate sitting out..... Anyway john whats for tea, its always worth turning up just for that not to mention the free booze!
And dispite the fact that Solway YC is further south its still the closest event to the border for all you sassanachs.
remember if you don't go you won't knoe what you are missing8)

John Hugo

Angus, I am still hoping we will get at least ten boats if most of those who have expressed the intention do turn up, but perhaps you have more up to date information. 
I have emailed Andrew Greenhagh asking what is the theme for the Saturday night supper, and offered to cook a vegetarian dish specially for you.   My well-stocked cellar my well contribute to the proceedings.
I have lined up a couple of crews for helms who may need them, and could find more if required.   (Unfortunately, several of our more competent young sailors will be unavailable due to squad duties and open meetings in England).    It would be helpful to know whether you and other helms still definitely need crews so I can confirm arrangement.
John

n12 Bottom Banner