National 12 - find out more...

Twelves at the Dinghy Show

Started by MikeDay, 08 Mar 2010, 04:56

« previous - next »

MikeDay

I'd just like to offer a public appreciation to Christian and the whole Twelve team who put together a great stand at the Dinghy Show.  Tom's new DCB looked great and there was constant public interest.  If you add to that Michael's similarly new DCB and Tim's vintage boat on the other stand, we had a terrific presence.  Maybe people who took photos could post them ...?

There's also plenty of positive comment on the Y&Y forum about the Twelves at the show so job done, guys - well done.

Mike D
N353*

Tim Gatti

I'll echo that - Christian and Sophie along with Chris, Rebecca, Jimmy and Sam did a great job and it was good to see the youth of the class so well represented on the Stand.  Thanks too to all those who added their presence, expertise and support over the two days and in helping to set up and strike the stand - Meads and Katie, Michael and Mary, Kevan and Janet, John, Tom, Howard, Simon, Paul to name but a few ....and many, many more.  It felt good to have so much good will around - there was never a dull moment on the official Twelve stand!
Also a big 'thank you' to the Spinlock team who effectively hosted the 'alternative' 12 Stand nearby in the Main Hall featuring Michael Airey's new DCB from Composite Craft and my 1938 Uffa King  N341 for contrast, along with the old newsreel footage of 12 sailing and more recent video of 12's in action.  There were a number of 12 sailors who thought this was the 12 stand - but then were really pleased to find an excuse to stop and talk with another group of 12 sailors for a further hour at the real thing!
I hear there are planning sessions afoot to create an even better showing in 2011 - our 75th anniversary year. 
I'll post some photos tomorrow.
Tim

ifoxwell

And speaking as some one who is looking to join the class... everyone did a great job... and what a freiendly bunch you all are.

Not sure if the people that we spoke to were officially on the stand or just loitering owners happy to talk but either way, thanks to everyone for there advice. And it was good to meet everyone. Were very jealous however of the lucky few that will have there hands on a DCB now that we have seen a couple of them.

Cheers
Ian and Hannah

chopper

It was nice meeting up and having a chit chat.
Thought it was a gr8 show this year couldnt go anywhere without bumping into someone i knew or knew me lol

Tim Gatti

Photos as promised

Tim Gatti

Tim Gatti

Tim Gatti

And the old one...

n12 Bottom Banner