National 12 - find out more...

Classic 12's

Started by Jon Thompson (Guest), 12 Dec 2009, 07:11

« previous - next »

Jon Thompson (Guest)

Could I please advise every body that the CVRDA have two starts a day at Oulton Week 2010.  Any 12, over 25 years old is eligible, but will sail under the CVRDA handicaping system.  It would be lovely to see a fleet of old 12's competing.

Jon
PM me for more details...

Jon 711 (Guest)

I only have one response so far, come on guy's.....
Only have ten entries so far, JollyBoat, Nagional 12, International 14, Pegasus, Merlin Rocket(s)....
If you don't turn up, I will struggle to argue, to keep it for the following year...
Jon

Tim Gatti

Jon - it would be good if you could let us know the dates of the CVRDA event at Oulton Week in 2010 - I'm sure many of the vintage 12's would do their best to support it providing there was no clash with any vintage open dates in our Class programme. Tim

Jon Thompson (Guest)

Fair point Tim,
Oulton Week 2010 is 22 -27 August, that's the week before the August Bank Holiday weekend.  I have a proposed program and can forward this on to anybody that is interested..

Look forwared to seeing all you classic sailors there.  Further details can be found at http://www.cvrda.org/community/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2486
Jon

Jon Thompson (Guest)

<div class="postbody">

If I include all the maybes and possible, we are going to have nearly fifty classic and vintage boats at Oulton Week. Of the definite people (and I will use that term loosely so far from the event!) we have over twenty!!

It must be the place to go this year with your classic boat!!
<div class="postbody">So get your classic 12 out of the garage and get down to Oulton for 22 -27 August, for a great week of classic and vintage sailing.  We have the Adnams ready!!
<div class="postbody">
Jon
<div class="postbody">Further details on www.wobyc.co.uk and www.cvrda.org

Tim Gatti

Hi Jon
The 12's have an Open Meeting at Redesmere on 22nd and then a Gill Event at Solway YC over the following BH weekend.
A number of vintage 12's are already committed to attend both events.  We will see what we can do to get some visitors to OMSC though
Best wishes
Tim

Chris Troth

Just wanted to avoid any confusion: Oulton Week has nothing to do with Olton Mere! If you turn up at the Mere on those dates you probably won't find anyone!
Chris

Jon Thompson (Guest)

Oulton Week is at Waveney and Oulton Broad Yacht Club, not Oulton Mere!!  There will be daily updates during Oulton Week on the DSM website. Would really love to see classic 12's here..

Jon Thompson

Tim Gatti

Hi Jon - apologies for mixing up the two Oultons - the Mere and the Broad. OMSC members have been so active in the Class and on the website recently that I jumped to the wrong conclusion.
I'd certainly like to make it down to the CVRDA event in August if I can with one of my vintage 12's.  Will camping be available on site?
Tim

Jon Thompson (Guest)

Unfortunatly we do not have camping on site.  Many years ago, we did allow some camping (Or should I say the District Council allowed limited camping), but as the clubhouse is in the middle of a public park, we encountered all sorts of problems with members of the public wanting to use the park.  However there are plenty of campsites in the immediate vicinity, together with a vast choice of B&B, Hotels, Chalet Parks, or to be really extravagent you could hire a Hoseasons Boat and moor it at the club (For a lot of people this is the preferred option, and really nice way to spend the week!)

Jon

Jon Thompson (Guest)

We now have been gifted, a free barrel a beer, a day for all classic and vintage sailors.  This does not mean that all Classic and Vintage sailors will get a barrel each!!  The drinks will be shared out amongst all the Classic and Vintage Sailors.
Go on, get to Oulton, you know it make sense,
Classic Boats, Classsic Event, Classic Regatta

Jon

n12 Bottom Banner